Windows 10: System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN!

Discus and support System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this issue with my PC in January and went to all the trouble of a rebuild and a new motherboard. That was with Windows 8.1. However I now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maugli, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Maugli Win User

System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN!

I had this issue with my PC in January and went to all the trouble of a rebuild and a new motherboard. That was with Windows 8.1. However I now have this issue in Windows 10, it suddenly started a month ago. I am not moving the mouse or pressing any buttons. There is a 2-3 minutes gap and the system comes out from 'sleep' mode.
    *Mad

:)

Maugli, Nov 10, 2015
  2. Ari_232 Win User

Battery draining in Sleep mode

My computer seems to be having issues with Sleep mode post recent Windows update.

I usually will put my computer to sleep while plugged into docking station as it connect to my desktop screen.

When I wake the computer now from sleep mode - even if it's been a number of hours - the screen comes on straight away and my battery has drained.

Most times when I wake my computer in the morning bow from overnight sleep it wakes saying battery is at critical low levels so has been draining through the night which usually wouldn't happen in proper sleep mode.

Also, whenever I used to wake my computer from sleep mode it would take 10-15 seconds for the computer to load up, but as I said now the screen comes on straight away which tells me the computer is not going to sleep properly.

I've also rechecked all my battery, power and sleep settings and nothing has changed there.

Please can someone assist me with this issue I now have?

Ari_232, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Lewis2s6d Win User
    Windows 10 apps freezing after waking from sleep

Little update - I've found that in the event of a freeze on wake-up, if I put the Surface back into sleep via the on/off button, and then wake it up again straight away, sometimes this unfreezes the app (especially Edge). Worth a try!

Lewis2s6d, Nov 10, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

There is a setting to disable wake timers which may help. Click on the search icon, type power and click on Edit power plan. Then click Change Advanced Power Settings, expand Sleep and Allow wake timers and then set it to disabled.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

1. System wakes up from 'sleep' mode almost straight away- #AGAIN! - Similar Threads - System wakes 'sleep'

2. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  4. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  5. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  6. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  10. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...