Windows 10: System will not boot or complete system recovery

Discus and support System will not boot or complete system recovery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; unspecified error occured during system restore (0x80070003)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mendel71, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Mendel71 Win User

System will not boot or complete system recovery

unspecified error occured during system restore (0x80070003)

:)

Mendel71, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 26, 2019
  3. System Recovery Not working.

Hi,

To better understand the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What caused the PC to crash? Were there any changes made on the system?
    • How did you create the recovery disc?

You may refer to this link, under
    Using this tool to create installation media for the steps on how to create a recovery disc.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Patricia Yu, Apr 26, 2019
  4. System will not boot or complete system recovery

Recovery image not working - Windows could not update the boot configuration

Hi Paulie,

This issue might occur due to the damaged/corrupted boot records. We suggest that you recreate the boot configuration manually. Follow the steps below:

• Boot into System Recovery Options, and select the Command prompt entry (It will open the
      Command Prompt at boot).
    • Select your admin account, and enter your account password to continue.
    • Type the command chkdsk /r.
    • After the check disk is completed, you may try booting the computer and check if that resolves the issue. If the issue still persists; then, try running the
      SFC scan using SFC /SCANNOW command to rebuild/recover the corrupted system files on the computer.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

System will not boot or complete system recovery

1. System will not boot or complete system recovery - Similar Threads - System boot complete

2. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  3. Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boots into system recovery no disc inserted then says system recovery isn't compatible: Title says most of my problem. I recently ran into this issue after installing Vanguard anti-cheat, my computer boots to system recovery unless I tap f8 and disable driver signature reinforcement, but even more recently I attempted to update my pc due to steam removing win 7...
  4. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!: I have a 256GB SSD running Windows 10 on my HP Laptop I created a System Image with Windows system image tool. I created a bootable system USB, I don't have a diskette and or a CD Drive so thumb drive is my only choice I removed the original 256GB SSD and installed a 512GB...
  5. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!: I have a 256GB SSD running Windows 10 on my HP Laptop I created a System Image with Windows system image tool. I created a bootable system USB, I don't have a diskette and or a CD Drive so thumb drive is my only choice I removed the original 256GB SSD and installed a 512GB...
  6. Windows 10 - Windows System Image Recovery will not complete a system restore!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System recovery

System recovery: So i tried running a system recovery, it hung n black screen four hours i rebooted and it was still on a black screen i was later able to enter my bios setup inrestored default and continued to boot it brought up hp file based installer, said it was installing software not to...
  8. System recovery

System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  9. Failed boot after system recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed boot after system recovery: I have Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo Yoga 720, the authentic copy that came with the laptop. I also needed an ubuntu installation (with GrubLoader) for work and that required me to change in my BIOS the hard drive from RAID to AHCI. I followed an online tutorial and successfuly...
  10. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...