Windows 10: System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.

Discus and support System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My card reader wasn't working so I went to the Dell site and installed a driver. The card reader still didn't work so I rebooted my Dell 660 PC, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theweav, Feb 3, 2019.

1. theweav Win User

System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens.

My card reader wasn't working so I went to the Dell site and installed a driver. The card reader still didn't work so I rebooted my Dell 660 PC, or tried to. It boots to a Windows splash screen, the goes to a Dell splash screen, then continues to go back and forth between the two screens. I did a system restore from an external drive, thinking maybe the boot was corrupted. No luck there. I'm at a total loss. I am using Window 10 Home. Boot mode is set to: UEFI with Legacy Prom. Thanks.
    Ron

:)

theweav, Feb 3, 2019

2. System restore failed and now my computer won' t boot at all

Hi Bjørn,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the
    piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2:

Perform a Startup repair from Advance boot option

• Boot your computer using a Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in the Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair from the Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Ronald San, Feb 3, 2019
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

nmrm, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens. [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. System won't boot. Oscillates between two screens. - Similar Threads - System won't boot

2. Sharing apps between two Windows systems i.e. Home and Pro in dual boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing apps between two Windows systems i.e. Home and Pro in dual boot?: Hi,I'm planning to install Windows 11 Pro in dual boot alongside Windows 11 Home so I can use both my personal and work accounts on the same PC.I'd like to be able to share apps between these two accounts, i.e. installing - for example - Notepad++ just once and have it show...
  3. Sharing apps between two Windows systems i.e. Home and Pro in dual boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing apps between two Windows systems i.e. Home and Pro in dual boot?: Hi,I'm planning to install Windows 11 Pro in dual boot alongside Windows 11 Home so I can use both my personal and work accounts on the same PC.I'd like to be able to share apps between these two accounts, i.e. installing - for example - Notepad++ just once and have it show...
  4. system won't boot alone

in Windows 10 Customization
    system won't boot alone: i have a system drive with windows installed and a data drive with just data. when I tried to remove data drive system drive won't boot. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-wont-boot-alone/53887d7c-4267-4a55-903d-48d8cddb98cc
  5. Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Avoid choosing between two windows installed on boot: I installed 2 windows 10 on two different disks and at the start of the computer I always get the screen of choice that I brought to just 5 seconds in duration.Is it possible to delete this screen / choice and go directly to the current operating system?If yes ... how can I...
  6. Syncronization between two account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syncronization between two account: On my Windows 10 Pro computer I have two accounts, one administrative and the other standard. The administrative account is correctly linked to my Mirosoft account. The standard account does not accept my username e-Mail because it is already used in my administrative...
  7. Running app disappears between the two screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running app disappears between the two screens: This has happened several times: I have extended my laptop on a bigger screen. I start a new app/program from the taskbar. The program starts but is nowhere to be found on either of the screens. The only solution is to switch back to "PC Screen Only" where it shows up and...
  8. Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors: Although I have setup the two screens to work independently - one app running on one screen and a different app running on the other, when Windows screen saver kicks in, the image appears half on each screen. i.e. as if I was using a very wide monitor and the image is in the...
  9. Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate: I don't know if this issue is browser related or an issue with Widows 10 or video drivers. Whenever the browser is open, the tabs and cursor will oscillate at a high rate. The only way to stop this is to do "CTRL, ALT, Del" and open the Task Manager. The oscillating stops for...
  10. System won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't boot: The processor fan comes on for a few seconds, then goes off and repeats this action. No post beep heard. Len 83528