Windows 10: System won't detect the built-in webcam

Discus and support System won't detect the built-in webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has a built in webcam, I didn't use it until now. But my system won't detect it and there is no driver for it in the Device Manager. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Salah K, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Salah K Win User

System won't detect the built-in webcam

My laptop has a built in webcam, I didn't use it until now. But my system won't detect it and there is no driver for it in the Device Manager. I tried Scan for hardware changes, but I got nothing.
    Also I tried everything in this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work

Any suggestions please, thanks.

Here are my system information:

System Information:
    ----------------------
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: X540UP
    BIOS: X540UP.314 type: UEFI

Video Capture Devices:

--------------------------

Number of Devices: 0

:)

Salah K, Apr 2, 2020
  2. TobiaF Win User

Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, Apr 2, 2020
  3. In-built webcam not detected.

Well,

me (Acer notebook user) and apparently the dell users as well ( http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19644158 ) are not able to get our built-in webcams running. We contact our brand supports and they tell us the same thing, update drivers,
    uninstall the current ones and and install again or update the bios. NOTHING works.

The webcam appeared as hidden, with the message "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45) to fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer".

Me and others have uninstalled the drivers as our support and your suggestion requests, but after restarting, the webcam is completely gone. It does not appear anyware, not even as a hidden device.

So my question is, as a reasonable person, if the webcam is apparently not connected, it means the computer does not detect any electric flow between webcam and motherboard.
    The universal issue here appears to be: How can we force the flow of current between camera and motherboard?

IF it was external, it is easy, just unplug and plug in again. But, since it is a built in webcam, we cant really open our laptops ( at least it isn`t a reasonable option eventhough I could and I am sure some other as well)

P.S. It is not a drivers issue because the drivers on my notebook were up to date, and those of the people at the dell forum as well.

I would definitely appreciate a good answer

AndreasGonzález Friedrich, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Rin3105 Win User

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed) in Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    When I tried to access the webcam with Camera app, it says "We cannot find your camera" with error code 0xA00F4244.
    I have tried different ways to fix it, manually installing drivers from my laptop brand's support site, updating and uninstalling the faulty driver but so far nothing worked.
    Please help me, I have been struggling with this problem for hours and now I'm completely lost.
    Here's my Device Manager list:

System won't detect the built-in webcam [​IMG]

Rin3105, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. System won't detect the built-in webcam - Similar Threads - System won't detect

2. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  3. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall

Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall: I have an inbuilt webcam on an ASUS ZenBook UX431F and I got this message when trying to open my camera app: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I tried turning off my firewall. I checked the drivers - the camera driver was hidden, and the device status told me the device was not...
  5. built in webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  6. My system won't detect my built-in webcam

My system won't detect my built-in webcam: "My system won't detect my built-in webcam My laptop has a built in webcam, but I can't access the settings to it, I cannot enable it or anything. Skype is tellng me that I have no webcam. My webcam isn't showing up in the Device Manager. However, in Settings -> Camera I...
  7. No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected: Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed)...
  8. Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?

Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?: When i try to use my Windows Camera app, i get the error code "0xA00F4244". The camera won't show up in Device Manager so I can't check the drivers. Windows 10 troubleshooting apps won't find any problems but the webcam still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  10. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74