Windows 10: System won't let me activate Windows 10

Discus and support System won't let me activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop is an older model HP dv7-3067nr running Windows 7 and when installing Windows 10 I set it to recapture the entire hard drive, so as to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ken_2, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Ken_2 Win User

System won't let me activate Windows 10

My laptop is an older model HP dv7-3067nr running Windows 7 and when installing Windows 10 I set it to recapture the entire hard drive, so as to do away with a Linux partition. This process wiped the hard drive, including Windows 7, and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. That's OK, except that now it won't let me activate Windows 10.Running the trouble shooter was no help and so far I've not found any documentation help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: … forgot to say that this new copy of Windows 10 was downloaded from the MS download site, so I do not have a product key for Windows 10.

:)

Ken_2, Mar 10, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
  4. System won't let me activate Windows 10

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

System won't let me activate Windows 10

1. System won't let me activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System won't let

2. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  5. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate: After purchasing I have updated it right away. I don't know why authentication won't go through. Even after resetting my PC it won't still let me have it activated....
  6. I bought windows 10 but it won't let me activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Computer won't let me activate my windows 10??

My Computer won't let me activate my windows 10??: When i try to activate my windows 10 my coputer says an error code 0x8007232B what should i do any help please!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-activate-my-windows-10/06df1d94-4e72-4ee2-bce8-fafce9ed31f9
  8. Windows 10 won't let me reset my active hours.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me reset my active hours.: I am trying to change the active hours settings in Windows 10. I can click on the setting and call up the list, select an hour for the start time or end time, indicate am or pm, and click the checkmark to finish, but the setting won't save. The new settings I input appear...
  9. Won't Let Me Activate Windows

Won't Let Me Activate Windows: I've had my computer for over a year. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 preinstalled. Now, out of nowhere I have an Activate Windows watermark on my screen. When I go to settings, activate windows I just get a screen that says detecting activation problems that runs for...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me log in: Today, I was running a project in visual studio and my laptop crashed. And when I tried to restart it, it won't let me log on. What should I do? 49309

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont let me activate windows