Windows 10: System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693

Discus and support System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP laptop. After booting up for the first time, Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed a number of updates, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinWalker6, Feb 17, 2020.

1. System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693

I have a brand new HP laptop. After booting up for the first time, Windows Update automatically downloaded and installed a number of updates, including KB4532693. It refused to reboot properly, and all attempts to repair Windows failed. I finally had HP send me a USB flash drive to reinstall Windows, formatting and wiping my hard drive clean. I went through this 3 times. Now I have all my updates paused for the maximum time of 35 days. How can I delete this update from the list of downloaded but not yet installed updates? The hide update troubleshooter won't work, as the update has not yet bee installed.

:)

MartinWalker6, Feb 17, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Feb 17, 2020
  4. System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693

Device won`t Turn On Properly

Hi Zain,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Why are you not able to install Windows 10?
    • Are you getting any error message or code?

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the system to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

You may refer to the steps provided by “Vanessa Sohtun” to perform an
    Automatic repair of Windows 10 on your computer and check if that helps.

Windows 10 Automatic Repair

You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC. As you are upgrading to Windows 10 on the same computer activation would not be an issue.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693

1. System won't reboot properly after installing KB4532693 - Similar Threads - System won't reboot

2. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  3. Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Finish Installation After Rebooting: Hello,I am attempting a clean installation of Windows 10 onto a new SSD using a 32GB flash drive and the media creation tool. Only the SSD and flash drive to start the windows setup are plugged in. Everything seems to be working smoothly as I select the unallocated drive to...
  4. Fix for KB4532693

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix for KB4532693: Please help me to fix the problem on KB4532693. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-kb4532693/56788a42-6fad-45d4-bbae-dc9f30634ffc
  5. KB4532693

KB4532693: Hello everybody. For about 2 weeks Win Update try and failed to install KB4532693. I understand that is a well known problem with this update. How can I block this update to nstall. Soruy for my bad English....
  6. KB4532693

KB4532693: Update failed to install on 24 tries. My latest error message is : "Last failed install attempt on ‎2/‎26/‎2020 - 0xc1900401". Big Deal? Yes! What do I need to do to install this update? Any assistance is welcomed. Thank you for your help....
  7. updste no KB4532693

updste no KB4532693: My Win10 PC has downloaded this, and scheduled it to install later - how do I delete this update - it seems to have more problems than solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updste-no-kb4532693/df77fb48-3918-487b-b820-ceef1beb0bb0
  8. KB4532693 update was installed on my computer should i uninstall KB4532693 ?

KB4532693 update was installed on my computer should i uninstall KB4532693 ?: although i'm not experiencing any issues or reboot or not aware of file deletion i have already remove KB4524244 following the problem notice on this update. currently KB4532693 update was installed on my computer should i uninstall KB4532693 update?...
  9. KB4532693 Installing After KB4532695

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4532693 Installing After KB4532695: Checked updates on my W10 this morning and as the title says it is installing 2693 and I already have 2695 installed. How can this be? How can this be? Finally got it downloaded and did a couple of restarts and there were no ill effects. Guess I'm okay, just wondered at...
  10. Laptop won't work after system reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't work after system reboot: Ok so basically massive crisis: I wanted to restart my whole laptop back to factory settings, within doing so I waited and I waited and it got to 99% and was stuck there for 3 hours, when I come back to check it was just a black screen so I turned my laptop off forcefully....
Tags: