Windows 10: System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated

Discus and support System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Laptop: Dell G3 3779 So a friend of mine updated their GeForce drivers a while ago and suddenly their laptop is using integrated graphics for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Darkcyprus, Nov 21, 2019.

1. System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated

Laptop: Dell G3 3779

So a friend of mine updated their GeForce drivers a while ago and suddenly their laptop is using integrated graphics for everything, they get low FPS even on non demanding titles such as League that their laptop should and was able to handle just fine.

We sat through it for a whole day trying to figure out what the problem was, here's a short, possibly non comprehensive list of things we've tried to no avail:
    • Update Windows + All drivers
    • Uninstall graphics driver with DDU then reinstall latest
    • Rollback to gpu driver before the problem started
    • Try to force use of dedicated gpu through Nvidia control panel, game settings, and through disabling integrated gpu in device manager
    • Scanning for viruses
    • Checking temperature, airflow, heat
    • Checking all processes and services
    • Clean Boot
    • Overclocking, benchmarking on Overwatch, no difference in performance whatsoever
    Attached are some diagnostics taken today, hopefully we can work together to resolve this.

:)

Darkcyprus, Nov 21, 2019

2. How to make dedicated GPU card to be preferred instead of Integrated?

Hi,

You could check the BIOS for a setting to disable the integrated graphics or make the dedicated graphics the default.

auggy [Directly], Nov 21, 2019
  3. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Nov 21, 2019
  4. System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated

Regarding Dedicated graphics

Sir please clear my confusion

• There is a program called DXDIAG when i open it and click on display it shows graphic memory 2136 mb but when i open intel graphic properties it shows dedicated video memory 128 mb so where all the left memory used.
    • Is updating driver really helpful especially graphic drivers.
    • How to increase dedicated memory from 128 to 512 because mylaptop contain 4 gb ram.
    • When i enter BIOS i do not locate configuration tab what to do,help me to provide the advance bios mode

Shivam Strange, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated

1. System Won't Use Dedicated Graphics, Defaults to Integrated - Similar Threads - System Won't Dedicated

2. Integrated or Dedicated Graphics card – Which do I need?

in Windows 10 News
    Integrated or Dedicated Graphics card – Which do I need?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This post aims to assist you in deciding which type of graphics card to use. The difference between Dedicated and Integrated Graphics cards may be small, but using a dedicated graphics card greatly improves real-time graphics experience. You should be [...]...
  3. BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU: I am on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 build 1809 I have an AMD 2400G and RX 570 on an ASrock AB350 board. I want to have my primary display monitor plugged into the 570 and the 2nd monitor plugged into the motherboard display to use the iGPU. I had no problem doing this...
  4. BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when trying to enable integrated graphics and dedicated GPU: I am on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 build 1809 I have an AMD 2400G and RX 570 on an ASrock AB350 board. I want to have my primary display monitor plugged into the 570 and the 2nd monitor plugged into the motherboard display to use the iGPU. I had no problem doing this...
  5. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  6. HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

HP will not use anything but integrated graphics: Yesterday Windows update, after which my computer ran very slowly, especially while gaming. After looking around, I noticed that Nvidia Control Panel would not open because it said I wasn't using an Nvidia graphics card. This is weird because the laptop's graphics card is...
  7. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  8. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...
  9. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query: Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic. I have an i7 quad core...
  10. Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one

Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one: I got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 Laptop, with all the drivers up-to-date (including beta drivers). http://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/prod...Product%20Info The laptop features an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 video card and a NVidia GeForce 840M. The trick is that...