Windows 10: system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

Discus and support system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the latest update, I now cannot login and keep getting the system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fionasheppard, Nov 27, 2018.

1. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

After the latest update, I now cannot login and keep getting the

system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

I have tried going back to a previous version by using the Start/Shift Key which allows me to get to the troubleshoot page - NOTHING WORKS

I have no desktop - and a few icons are flashing down the bottom but take me nowhere.

I have tried shutting down completely 4 times - nothing

I have tried sfc/ scannow in command centre - doesn't work

WHY??? Anyone, please?? This has bought our office to a grinding halt and we didn't do anything.

If someone could help, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

F

:)

fionasheppard, Nov 27, 2018

2. C:Windows\system32\Config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is Denied.

I got the above message ''C:Windows\system32\Config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is Denied.'' after the latest Windows update.

Following advice for another question for similar troubles I tried to do the clean reboot but I cannot even do that. The start button doesn't work, right clicking and getting in any folder or in the system doesn't work.

KostasBalkamos, Nov 28, 2018
  3. I updated my pc it ran in to problem and error shown c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop not accessed and access denied

I updated my pc it ran in to problem that screen become black and only recycle bin is present it's not active, home button, search bar not active there is an error appear as c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop not accessed and access denied

explorer.exe is missing in task manager... please reply

k venkataramana, Nov 28, 2018
  4. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible after Win10 update.

This is for my neighbour, I was trying to help them with their issues. Acer desktop Windows 10 64 bit.

During the last Windows 10 update, which occurred yesterday, the update got stuck at 98%. After waiting hours and no movement, that circle timer was also frozen they rebooted. On trying to reboot, they would get errors like ctfmon.exe unknown hard error,
    sihost.exe unknown hard error, or the Desktop not being available. The systray had an icon of a gold colored lock.

There are no restore points. Resetting otherwise is unavailable because it's impossible to get into the settings.

If I try a normal boot, I get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. sfc /scannow freezes at 48% . Desk check finished but didn't indicate any issues.

Already tried the option of copying The c:\users\desktop to C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile but still nothing. As some online suggested. On my system there isn't even a folder called Desktop in the C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile. Created
    a new profile nothing. The computer is turned on, it gets to the welcome screen then a message comes up preparing windows or computer, can't remember now. And this can go on and on and on. If it goes through it goes to a black desktop, all icons gone, taskbar
    and start menu completely dead. I can still open the task manager.

I have some access to programs by going through taskmanager. I have tio run everything by going to File, Run New Task and checking the Create this task with administrative privilages. If I start up explorer.exe this way I get back the background picture,
    taskbar and startmenu still dead except for taskmanager. And the icons reappear some programs seem to work and even the internet. And you people wonder why we want more control of the updates.

TerryHollett, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

1. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied - Similar Threads - system32 config systemprofile

2. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: It all started when i tried to update Intel graphics card after installing the update I restarted my laptop and a error pop up and said trying to resolve issue, then it would load and fail when I tried to put my laptop on safe mode it would go to the desktop but this would...
  3. windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable: windows\\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable How do i correct this error. How do i access the files on the computer. using key strokes. dropdowns are not available...
  4. System32/config/systemprofile/desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    System32/config/systemprofile/desktop: Hi anyone @ MS community experts, I'm desperate for support on this matter.. This file System32/config/systemprofile/desktop has just disappeared and i am not able to get back my desktop annoying most of the posted solutions are quite technical why is it not possible to...
  5. C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    C://Windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop: Hi everyone,cannot start my HP Pavillion laptop. Get the above message after login. Would be really grateful if anyone knows what to do. Thank you....
  6. Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not acessable. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not acessable. Access is denied: After running windows updater and downloading the latest optional cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64 based systems KB4522355 I am kindly locked out of my admin account by the operating system, because it appears that I log in to Windows 10 via my local...
  7. Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible

Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible: Can I fix this error with a system reset to a previous date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop-is-not/d551e113-cba6-4fe4-8da7-786a306c3782
  8. C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.: Hi all, One day I started my laptop up and I saw my desktop was black with only the recycle bin icon. I have been getting this error message: C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is...
  9. C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible after Win10 update.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible after Win10 update.: This is for my neighbour, I was trying to help them with their issues. Acer desktop Windows 10 64 bit. During the last Windows 10 update, which occurred yesterday, the update got stuck at 98%. After waiting hours and no movement, that circle timer was also frozen they...
  10. C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop.: I am getting a message that this is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cwindowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop/16797552-5c67-4eb8-bc7a-8a5990ed1b15

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible

2. C:Windows\system32\Config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is Denied

3. Desktop is not accessible Access is denied

4. systemprofile desktop is not accessible access denied,
  5. c windows system32 system profile desktop access is denied,
  6. WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible,
  7. error access is denied for config,
  8. computer has the error c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible Access is denied,
  9. windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop access denied,
  10. desktop access is denied,
  11. c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible. access is denied windows,
  12. C\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible Access is denied,
  13. g C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible,
  14. file:///c:/windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop is not accessible ,
  15. desktop access denied