Windows 10: System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder

Discus and support System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running a simple batch file from the command prompt attempting to rename a group of files of a folder but at the first instance the folder reverts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder

I am running a simple batch file from the command prompt attempting to rename a group of files of a folder but at the first instance the folder reverts and tries to continue in the System32 folder even though C:\Windows\System32 is in the PATH. I included the "cd to the calling folder" in the batch file otherwise the batch file fails. Is this a new subsystem behaviour?

The path
    Code: C:\Windows\system32>path PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath; C:\Windows\system32; C:\Windows; C:\Windows\System32\Wbem; C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\; C:\Program Files (x86)\NTP\bin; C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts\; C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\; C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;[/quote] Batch file:
    Code: cd W:\5 mexico and latin america\vol 1 history of mexico by h h bancroft\jp2 ren "historyofmexico09bancrich_0001.jp2" "HHBHM V1 D001.jp2" pause <—————————————————————————————see first result ren "historyofmexico09bancrich_0002.jp2" "HHBHM V1 D002.jp2" ren "historyofmexico09bancrich_0003.jp2" "HHBHM V1 D003.jp2"[/quote]

:)

ineuw, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Directory Size Utility

Cool utility that we used to use in the DOS days!

I've got to try it out at home, but here's one of the best features of the old utility:

A bar graph by each folder, listing the relative size of each folder. It was great for flagging large files when housecleaning on a network... or home PC for that matter.

Sasqui, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 29, 2019
  4. System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder

1. System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder - Similar Threads - System32 DOS utilities

2. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  3. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DOS program no longer will run.: My Dos program no longer run. On November 14, 2023 Microsoft changed "windows.system.launcher.dll". I need windows\system32\.\launcher.ini or its equivalent. How do I fix the problem?...
  4. My DOS program no longer will run.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  6. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  7. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS DOS folder timestamp: Hello, the problem i am having is preserving android folder timestamp to windows pc. On many forums, users complain that microsoft uses decades old 8.3 filestamp convention during the MS DOS days to store folder timestamps within zip archive and there are no new developments...
  8. MS DOS folder timestamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. [SOLVED] System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] System32 DOS utilities no longer operate in the call folder: I am running a simple batch file from the command prompt attempting to rename a group of files of a folder but at the first instance the folder reverts and tries to continue in the System32 folder even though C:\Windows\System32 is in the PATH. I included the "cd to the...
  10. seaTools for DOS utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seaTools for DOS utility: after running seatools for dos long test ,it is supposed to give me an option for repair the drive, if it is a segate drive, but i have run the long test and it did not give me this option, has any body got an idea as to why? Thanks 114537