Windows 10: System32 folders missing after capture

Discus and support System32 folders missing after capture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 64 Bit. I have tried to capture an image from it and I have noticed that the folders in system 32 after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaJava, Jul 9, 2018.

1. PaulaJava Win User

System32 folders missing after capture

I am working with Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 64 Bit. I have tried to capture an image from it and I have noticed that the folders in system 32 after the config folder are no longer folders. What could cause this?
    Offline:
    • I have removed most of the provisioned applications using: PS C:\> remove-appxprovisionedpackage -path c:\test\offline
    • Removed OneDrive
    • Removed Quick assist using: PS C:\> remove-windowscapability -path c:\test\offline
    • Applied custom regedits such as detailed view for folder setting, dark theme, ect.
    • Placed company logos.
    Online image captured:
    • Exported/Imported startlayout.
    • PS C:\>dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:d:\sources\sxs /limitaccess
    • Installed company certificate.
    • Reg fix to restore Photoviewer.
    • Set default credential provider to smart card in gpedit.
    • Powersettings
    • Disk cleanup.
    • Services: Disable Offline Files. Manual IP Helper and Automatic Smart Card
    Any ideas on what would do this?

Thanks. Let me know if you need more info.

:)

PaulaJava, Jul 9, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

System32 Folder

No that is not normal,

You should see:

System

System32

SystemApps

Capital S on all folders

Can you open the system32 folder set the view to list from the view ribbon and provide a screenshot of the contents of that folder

DaveM121, Jul 9, 2018
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    System32 folders missing after capture 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    System32 folders missing after capture 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jul 9, 2018
  4. System32 folders missing after capture

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

System32 folders missing after capture

1. System32 folders missing after capture - Similar Threads - System32 folders missing

2. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  3. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  4. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing stuff in system32

Missing stuff in system32: Hi, my technician reformatted my PC a few weeks ago and made it Windows 10 1909. But I noticed some files are missingpowershell.exe, optionalfeatures.exe, sfc.exe, etc.., so I figured I will just use the Windows Update, but even the windows update settings page is...
  6. Screen capture missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen capture missing: Hello! I always use the xbox screen capture to record my lectures on my pc. I never had this happen before so I'm quite lost. I started recording and everything seemed to go well. Once I ended the recording, I wanted to check the outcome by clicking on the notification of...
  7. Captures folder missing

Captures folder missing: So I was an idiot and accidentally deleted a folder on my computer called "Captures," which appeared in my "Videos" folder. Turns out, this seemingly useless folder is the same one my Xbox One DVR uses to record and store my recorded game videos. I've emptied the recycle...
  8. Windows 10 System32 Folder is missing DIFxAPI.dll file.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 System32 Folder is missing DIFxAPI.dll file.: How do I restore this file DIFxAPI .dll that is missing from the System32 folder? submitted by /u/red_carpet_hero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip1o0j/windows_10_system32_folder_is_missing_difxapidll/
  9. missing system32/config folder

missing system32/config folder: Hello This is the biggest mistake I have done recently. I found out I may delete windows/system/config. As a result, I can not boot into the desktop anymore and stuck in the "Windows Fail To Repair Your Computer" Loop. Is there's any solution for solving the problem like...
  10. Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32: I've been following the instructions on resetting a printer and deleting the print queue. It said delete the contents of the PRINTER folder within spool folder located in the system32 folder and not to delete the folder itself. Only the PRINTER folder isn't there and may...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing windows capture folder