Windows 10: SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

Discus and support SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so i recently bought a pc i booted it and its says E:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. ive watched many video that u have to the cmd prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rr Rr5, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Rr Rr5 Win User

SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

so i recently bought a pc i booted it and its says E:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. ive watched many video that u have to the cmd prompt but i sadly dont have the password for the administrator account the previous owner forgot it and i am stuck on the automatic repair with the windows\system32

:)

Rr Rr5, Feb 24, 2024

2. C:WINDOWS/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt

Marc

I did try the command which you suggested but... alas, after an exit from command prompt..and restartting the computer, I again got the same message... Automatic Repair and path C:WINDOWS/System32/Logfiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt

its really pitty that its a brand new 1 day old laptop but we arent able to use it.

KiranSurve1, Feb 24, 2024
  3. JGrant1 Win User
    E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I am trying to fix my computer, it just suddenly went to this blue screen and told me that the automatic repair didn't/couldn't work.

Originally it told me E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt, but after I took out the printer plug and a memory card for my camera, it changed to:
    D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I don't even know what this means, is this normal?

I found a mention of this issue on the website, and the 'solution,' but I don't understand the steps. How am I supposed to write it? Thanks.

Michelle Vil

Hi Gary,

We just want to confirm, have you already tried performing the solution below?

Use Command Prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

When Boot Options menu appears, you need to do the following:

1. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

2. Select Command Prompt from list of options.

3. When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot

4. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):

chkdsk /r c:

chkdsk /r d:

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it goes.

JGrant1, Feb 24, 2024
  4. SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\

c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt thats the problem tried everything all of the options you guys have listed it wont let me do anything all the commands tried cant reset it wont let me says there was a problem resetting pc.

Connor Vance, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

1. SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt - Similar Threads - SYSTEM32logfiles dont access

2. SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt: so i recently bought a pc i booted it and its says E:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. ive watched many video that u have to the cmd prompt but i sadly dont have the password for the administrator account the previous owner forgot it and i am stuck on the automatic...
  3. SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM32\logfiles and i dont have access to cmd prompt: so i recently bought a pc i booted it and its says E:\WINDOWS\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. ive watched many video that u have to the cmd prompt but i sadly dont have the password for the administrator account the previous owner forgot it and i am stuck on the automatic...
  4. CMD prompt

CMD prompt: My user account is KENNETH\Local Account\Administrator.When I try to use CMD and open as administrator, it does not open as system32, but shows C:\Users\Administrator.Help please....
  5. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  6. CMD Prompt

CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  7. Dont Have Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dont Have Access: Hello! My pc has this thing where when i try to open certain apps or download games it will say "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I've watched videos on how to fix it but there not...
  8. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  9. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  10. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0