Windows 10: System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery

Discus and support System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having trouble with my computer and being the noob that I am, I'm not getting very far with fixing it. Windows failed to boot, so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BradySullivan, Feb 20, 2019.

1. System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my computer and being the noob that I am, I'm not getting very far with fixing it.

Windows failed to boot, so it went into an automatic recovery. It failed the automatic recovery and gave the error

E:\System32\LogFiles\srt\SrtTrail

as the corrupted file. So I stuck in my install disk and booted from it. Went to the command prompts, then followed some online guides to try fixing it. The common answer was to try typing in

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

it showed the only install of Windows being on my E drive (weird, but I found later that it had changed what was my C drive to be called E and what was my E drive is now called D. So that's fun.) It asked if i wanted to select this drive, so I said yes, and it failed to do that.

I tried the next steps the guides were telling me to use which were

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe/fixboot

and those said they worked, but nothing noticeable has happened.

I tried a few other strategies that were listed. I'll link to the guide I was following here if they'll let me (https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/)

I got the notepad to open by typing in "SrtTrail.txt" and used that to try and get into the file explorer. The guide told me to find "cmd" in the System32 folder and run as an administrator. I did that but was met with another error that said

api-ms-win-core-console-l2-2-0.dll was missing from my computer.

I've about had it with trying to finesse my way to a repair with all these codes, so I figured I could try going for a reset (the last option on the guide I was following) but when I go there it says the disk with windows installed is locked and won't do anything. Idk if I locked it accidentally with all the stuff I was punching into the command window. the reset failed twice anyway. So I straight up don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I have come to terms with the fact that I may have to reinstall all my programs, but I really don't want to lose all my files, at least not on my second hard drive. The drive with Windows installed shouldn't have much on it, though)

Specs that might be helpful:

Intel i5 (2015)

Gigabyte motherboard

GTX 960 Graphics

16 GB RAM

125GB SSD (boot disk usually called C, now called E for some reason)

1TB HDD (Usually called E, now called D for some reason)

:)

BradySullivan, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Archive83 Win User

System\32\Logfiles\srt\srttrail msg how to repair

Just got the 'old' System\32\Logfiles\srt\srttrail msg and a crashed Win10 laptop that will not auto repair

I know this is not a new problem, but any solution seems random.

Anyone have a list the series of system codes to put in the command prompt?

Archive83, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    BSOD error c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.text

If you followed the directions at the link I gave you, you should have download the Media Creation Tool. You need to run that which will then download the files necessary to create a bootable USB flash drive or create a ISO file. It is not in any way bootable.

Just click on

System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery [​IMG]

at the link I gave you, save to your Desktop then run it.
    You need to select this when offered:

Ztruker, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Keith_18 Win User

System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery

E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Can someone help me with E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt help me please on Asus notebook X556
    Thanks guys

Keith_18, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery

1. System32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail error on boot and Automatic recovery - Similar Threads - System32logfilessrtsrtTrail error boot

2. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  3. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  4. Recovery partition will not stop automatically mounting itself on boot

Recovery partition will not stop automatically mounting itself on boot: I have recently been doing some work on my recovery partition, and while that was successful, I can't seem to get it to stop assigning itself drive letter X: on every boot.I have tried both setting gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001 in diskpart and running automount scrub in...
  5. Windows keep booting into bitlocker recovery screen and will not do automatic recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keep booting into bitlocker recovery screen and will not do automatic recovery: Hi all,I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with a smaller SSD running windows 10.It will not do automatic recovery the save all files option and now it is in bitlocker recovery screen.How do I fix this?...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery: Hey there. This is an issue I've faced for the second time-- in which upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 results in a computer that is completely unsuable and unrepairable by normal means.Currently I am typing this from my laptop.My main computer, after attempting to...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery

Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery: Hey there. This is an issue I've faced for the second time-- in which upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 results in a computer that is completely unsuable and unrepairable by normal means.Currently I am typing this from my laptop.My main computer, after attempting to...
  8. Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason: Almost every time when I turn off my PC for longer period and turn it back on again Windows 10 will boot into automatic startup repair instead of booting normally. Pressing continue in startup recovery it continues to boot normally as it was supposed to in the first place....
  9. Error preparing automatic recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error preparing automatic recovery: I was doing some work on Google Docs when I took a break for dinner. When I came back, I powered it back on and it said ‘preparing automatic recovery’. The error code is 0xc0000185 and a file used to show up where it was broken, but it doesn’t show up anymore. Please...
  10. Automatic Recovery

Automatic Recovery: I have a windows 10 pc. Why do my pc oftenly runs into a problem and then there is a blue screen wich freezesmy work? It happens after about every 7 to 8 months. Please help as I have to uninstall the windows and then reinstall every time in order to correct the error. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system 32 log files srt trail error

2. error system32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt during the boot