Windows 10: System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login

Discus and support System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any help with this issue would be appreciated, I'm open to some of the methods that I have tried before to help in diagnosing and fixing this in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carnifex2018, Jan 23, 2018.

1. System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login

Any help with this issue would be appreciated, I'm open to some of the methods that I have tried before to help in diagnosing and fixing this in any way.

A few months ago, about half a year ago actually, Windows 10 would automatically open the System32 folder 5 to 20 minutes after startup and login, it also opens up with the file names not in English, but in random characters instead.

I have a screenshot:

System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login [​IMG]

I'm not entirely sure what this is, either a rootkit, something I did, or what. It's not a big worry for me, I am able to close it down without it coming back up, but it's every time I startup and login. Overall it's general curiosity if it could be a symptom to something underlying and potentially dangerous.

Again, any help as to a diagnosis and potential fix is appreciated and accepted.

Thanks.

:)

carnifex2018, Jan 23, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

About 5 minutes after startup, the computer opens to Windows(CSystem32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login :)>WINDOWS>sysWOW64 in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Form when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to perform Automatic repair and check if it helps.

Booting to Recovery Environment with Windows 10 installation media.

This is an alternate way to boot the PC and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps given below. Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b)Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer
    in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot
    from Choose an option screen.

e) Click advanced options
    in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Automatic Repair
    from Advanced Options screen.

g) Windows will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

To download the windows 10 ISO refer the link below

Download Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jan 23, 2018
  3. ps01ZD Win User
    About 5 minutes after startup, the computer opens to Windows(CSystem32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login :)>WINDOWS>sysWOW64 in Windows 10

About 5 minutes after startup, the computer opens to Windows(CSystem32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login :)>WINDOWS>sysWOW64.

Nothing else happens,it is easily closed, but its annoying. I know sysWOW64 runs 32-bit programs.

How can I stop this from opening?

Best regards

Original Post: sysWOW64 Windows 10

ps01ZD, Jan 23, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login

Welcome to the forum. Run a check on your hard drive check shedule tasks whats running after 20 mins from a cmd prompt type

schtasks

it will list tasks

Samuria, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login

1. System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login - Similar Threads - System32 Opens Automatically

2. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.: every time i turn on my PC i get a BSOD with nothing else running. I tried system restore, then updated all drivers, programs, etc================================================== Dump File : 011524-16843-01.dmp Crash Time : 1/15/2024 11:21:18 PM Bug Check String :...
  3. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.: every time i turn on my PC i get a BSOD with nothing else running. I tried system restore, then updated all drivers, programs, etc================================================== Dump File : 011524-16843-01.dmp Crash Time : 1/15/2024 11:21:18 PM Bug Check String :...
  4. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System32 folder opens automatically at startup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    System32 folder opens automatically at startup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The System32 folder is a very crucial folder in Windows operating systems. Windows does not set it to open automatically for any reason. If the System32 folder opens automatically in Windows 11/10, then please read through this article for the resolution. System32...
  6. No Login prompt for 20+ minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Login prompt for 20+ minutes: Hello I'm reposting this because the other thread is not getting replies anymore. This is the original...
  7. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  8. BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT

BSOD 20-60 minutes after startup - WdFilter.sys, PAGE_FAULT: Windows 10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.1016 PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA - the BSOD itself blames WdFilter.sys and the minidump with BlueScreenView mentions ntoskrnl.exe No particular recent hardware or software changes. Driver Verifier detected a violation: nbdrv.sys...
  9. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  10. system32 folder opens at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    system32 folder opens at startup: Hello, This has been a long standing problem that I have not been able to find an answer for on my own. I am unsure of what caused this to happen initially, but when I was using Windows 7 the system32 folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32) would open whenever I started my...