Windows 10: system32 reg.exe

Discus and support system32 reg.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there! So I was playing League as you do and a random window similar to command prompt popped up, it closes very quickly though so I can't read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ash___, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ash___ Win User

system32 reg.exe

Hi there!

So I was playing League as you do and a random window similar to command prompt popped up, it closes very quickly though so I can't read what it said. I had to record my screen for about an hour straight for it to pop up.

Once it popped up the window was called

C:\Windows\System32\reg.exe

It pops up constantly when I'm in a game and it's a nuisance as it causes me to tab out as I'm in full-screen mode for the games.

Is there any fixes for this?

:)

Ash___, Feb 21, 2019

2. Accidentally changed .exe files

Not sure how you got a File Explorer window open. But if you can get in there, the following may work. I tested the first part on my machine.

Some .exe.files will still launch successfully with their extension changed to .com --- which has an identical open command as .exe.

• Male sure Explorer is set to show file extension.
    • Copy cmd.exe from C:\Windows\System32 and paste it in a folder under your user profile (I used the Desktop).
    • Rename to cmd.com. Then you can launch it.
    • Use the Reg Query & Reg Add commands to make the necessary changes. Get help for these commands by tying Reg /?
    • Here's what the correct keys look like:

C:\>reg query HKCR\.exe

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

(Default) REG_SZ exefile

Content Type REG_SZ application/x-msdownload

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\PersistentHandler

C:\>reg query HKCR\exefile\shell\open\command

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command

(Default) REG_SZ "%1" %*

IsolatedCommand REG_SZ "%1" %*
    • The only tricky part will be getting the quotes inside a quoted string. You have to precede the interior quotes with a backslash. Here's an example adding a value named MyTest to txtfile:
    C:\>reg query HKCR\txtfile\shell\open\command
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

C:\>reg add HKCR\txtfile\shell\open\command /v MyTest /d "\"%1\" %*"

The operation completed successfully.
    C:\>reg query HKCR\txtfile\shell\open\command

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command

(Default) REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE %1

MyTest REG_SZ "%1" %*

Good Luck,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade: How to get past "BUFFALO TurboPC EX Series" on Windows 8

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows 8)

2) Copy command line and Paste.

echo Start

echo #

echo ######################## Default dirctory for x86 x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd system32

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

echo #

echo ######################## Change the dirctory for x64 ########################

echo #

echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS

cd %windir% & cd syswow64

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "TurboPC EX" /f

3) Close the command prompt.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 21, 2019
  4. system32 reg.exe

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    system32 reg.exe 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    system32 reg.exe 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

system32 reg.exe

1. system32 reg.exe - Similar Threads - system32 reg exe

2. Class Not Reg.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Reg.: Class Not Reg. Not working the start button, I Can't use the search bar, and I Can't get into my system; I tried PowerShell ideas. Any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-reg/5dc667cf-9a50-4cc0-bd37-ac320b53ceeb
  3. Class Not Reg.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Class Not Reg.: Class Not Reg. Not working the start button, I Can't use the search bar, and I Can't get into my system; I tried PowerShell ideas. Any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-reg/5dc667cf-9a50-4cc0-bd37-ac320b53ceeb
  4. Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10: Windows 10 OS keeps all the important system files, exe, and DLLs inside the System32 folder. These programs are indirectly or directly accessed by both users and the OS, but if they are missing, you will receive an error— %windir%\System32\abcd.exe on Windows 10. This...
  5. reg listing

in Windows 10 Customization
    reg listing: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe What is this line in the registry What is its purpose and Why Can I not delete the entry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reg-listing/a627bfd2-59c2-4c16-9fda-cb8e89aeecf7
  6. REG Import

in Windows 10 Support
    REG Import: Good afternoon, I am putting a Batch file together that involves exporting and importing the Registry. However, I have a question. I am only posting the relevant parts of the code instead of the whole code. To export the Registry I am using . . . Code: for %%a in (HKLM HKCU...
  7. Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...: In the past, If I wanted to run a program like "procexp.exe" from the RUN box without having to type the entire folder path to the executable, I would first copy the exe into "c:\windows\system32" folder. This no longer works for me. Am I right? Did an update disable...
  8. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  9. Reg. Cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reg. Cleaner: Anyone suggest the best reg cleaner software????? 88825
  10. Reg to Bat

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg to Bat: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free! Is there anyone expert in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 reg.exe poppoed

2. system32 reg.exe

3. C:/Windows/system32/reg.exe