Windows 10: System32 takes too much space 300gb

Discus and support System32 takes too much space 300gb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aid_22, May 22, 2023.

1. Aid_22 Win User

System32 takes too much space 300gb

Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size: https://postimg.cc/tnjx49bd Here the picture of folders and files beside new files that came up: https://postimg.cc/jn4JWBqp And here are the new files, that all have same timestamp date 5/18/2023, and they are listed on alphabetical order from 0-9 and then from a-z: https://postimg.cc/6TrZ14VM , https://postimg.cc/8

:)

Aid_22, May 22, 2023

2. System32 takes too much space (300gb)

From admin Command Prompt, run:

• schtasks.exe /delete /TN "\OmApSvcBroker" /f
    Start Windows in Safe mode and delete OmApSvcBroker.exe

[How-To: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support]

And the junk .exe files can be deleted from the System32 folder.

(The command-line has been edited.)

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 22, 2023
  3. Aid_22 Win User
    System32 takes too much space (300gb)

Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem (found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files).

My situation is next:

Here is the picture of system32 size: Screenshot 1 — Postimages

Here the picture of folders and files beside new files that came up: Screenshot 2 — Postimages

And here are the new files, that all have same timestamp date 5/18/2023, and they are listed on alphabetical order from 0-9 and then from a-z: Screenshot 3 — Postimages , Screenshot 4 — Postimages

There is too much of these new files, when I try to select them I and check their properties the system freeze in intervals.

What should I do, reboot the system? Delete these new files (probably shouldn't do this)? Or something else?

Aid_22, May 22, 2023
  4. System32 takes too much space 300gb

System32 takes too much space (300gb)

The 1074 KB executables can be deleted.

They're created by a MSI service whose executable (OmApSvcBroker.exe) got compromised recently.

See:

In that VT link, a poster commented:

"A malware, which generates additional files under random names in .exe file format. Came from MSI's Center, probably got breached in that day. It would run up to two processes from created files to create even more files - in the end, fills up hard-drive and Windows\System32 folder with 1,074 kb files. The signature is valid, belongs to "micro-star international co., ltd.", which is used to bypass detections."

Stop OmApSvcBroker.exe and delete it:

From admin Command Prompt, run:

• schtasks.exe /delete /TN "\OmApSvcBroker" /f
    Start Windows in Safe mode and delete OmApSvcBroker.exe

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 22, 2023
Thema:

System32 takes too much space 300gb

1. System32 takes too much space 300gb - Similar Threads - System32 takes too

2. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  3. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  4. Mail App is taking too much space

Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  5. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  6. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  7. Something is taking up too much space.

8. windows taking too much space, help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows taking too much space, help??: like some moments ago, i reinstalled a game thats on my other drive because windows takes up too much space. i barely used the OS drive at all, as i have had this laptop for like a year now. before 2021, i had around 28 gigs. around 2021 i had 12 gigs, now i had 1 fucking...
  9. Edge taking too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge taking too much space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahvak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktogvy/edge_taking_too_much_space/
  10. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...