Windows 10: system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop

Discus and support system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; please help I bought my acer swift 3 SF314-57G-51LR around feb 2021. after 40 days ish of use it randomity started to lock up or freeze for around 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thetank200, Apr 18, 2021.

1. system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop

[COLOR=rgba53, 60, 65, 1]please help[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba53, 60, 65, 1]I bought my acer swift 3 SF314-57G-51LR around feb 2021. after 40 days ish of use it randomity started to lock up or freeze for around 1 to 4 seconds the freeze will happen randomly but not affect the movement of my mouse but will stop me interacting with the OS. when I looked at task manager I found whenever the OS hung up It was when "system" spiked so I installed ProcessExplorer and it showed the same result. after finding that, I booted into safe mode to see if it was something with my hardware. but when it was in safe mode, the problem was gone - the difference was that memory compression was not in system 4 so not running so I thought that was the problem, but I think it may not be the issue anymore because every windows pc has it. so I did a full reinstall of windows 10 home so it is not a virus. that fixed the problem for about 20 days but it came back again. also I can have 1 to 3 hours with out having any issue "freezing" but out of the blue it comes back. I have done a memory scan but it came up with nothing. I have done many other things for troubleshooting the problem but I have had no success [/COLOR]

system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop 15ea640c-e307-45ea-ac33-1914368643c6?upload=true.png https://linustechtips.com/uploads/m...Trim.mp4.6a9a7513dbfd9897c954acd83efeb0cd.mp4

:)

thetank200, Apr 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 18, 2021
  4. system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop

1. system4 randomly spiking and temporarily freezing my laptop - Similar Threads - system4 randomly spiking

2. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  3. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  4. Random freezes here and there on my laptop

Random freezes here and there on my laptop: For the past 2 weeks or so I've been getting freezes on my laptop sometimes they dont appear for a whole day sometimes they happen every hour I've been trying to solve it on my end but still getting freezes I've removed drivers on tht gpu to do a clean install use hp support...
  5. Random freezes here and there on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes here and there on my laptop: For the past 2 weeks or so I've been getting freezes on my laptop sometimes they dont appear for a whole day sometimes they happen every hour I've been trying to solve it on my end but still getting freezes I've removed drivers on tht gpu to do a clean install use hp support...
  6. why is my laptop randomly freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop randomly freezing?: Hello,My new laptop is freezing randomly and i guess the problem is from the HDD, before removing it i wanted to check if there is a way of fixing the problem.I installed the HDD when i first got the lapotp installed it myself, first time installing a HD, it wasnt freezing...
  7. My Ethernet is spiking randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Ethernet is spiking randomly: I'm not sure why, but my ethernet spikes randomly. This occurs more when I play video games such a LOL. My ping spikes to 300 randomly then back to a normal 50. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Random freezes on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes on my laptop.: Its been 6 months since I have bought a TUF FX505DT. For the past month I have been getting random freezes on it, which requires a hard reboot to get it working again. This began when I started using MS Teams for school purposes... And I thought that it was the centre of the...
  9. my laptop is randomly freezing.

my laptop is randomly freezing.: hey there. my name's donald. and my windows 10 laptop has been freezing randomly since around august for some reason. it may have been an update that's causing it....
  10. My laptop freezes up randomly.

My laptop freezes up randomly.: For the past few weeks my laptop has been freezing randomly. I tried everything I could do like updating BIOS., checking for hardware issues and also checking the event viewer. Apart from seeing what went wrong I am not able to find out what caused it. It isn't caused by any...