Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming

Discus and support SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Recently I am getting BSOD's while playing some games which I know my pc should be able to run, and can run because a while back there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samu126HU, Jul 22, 2021.

1. samu126HU Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming

Hi! Recently I am getting BSOD's while playing some games which I know my pc should be able to run, and can run because a while back there was no problems like this BSOD.The minidump file I uploaded is a BSOD while playing Grand Theft Auto V, but I have issues with other games too, like ETS2.Minidump file: [Google Drive] If I play games that have a low very low recommended/minimum specs requirements then I have no issues at all, but some higher spec games which I could run all settings maxed before this thing started happening and the BSOD comes after 20-30 minutes of gameplay. Thanks,A

:)

samu126HU, Jul 22, 2021

2. BSOD in Windows 7 Professional - dxgmms1.sys - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

MjapanKIku2, Jul 22, 2021
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)

I try to install newest Intel HD Graphics 4600 drivers on Windows 10, but get the BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys). I tried drivers from:

• Intel site
    • Asus (Motherboard manufacturer) site
    • Windows Update

This error come every time when trying to update the drivers. The Device Manager shows Microsoft generic VGA graphics adapter drivers and Intel drivers cannot be installed. The BSOD comes either while installing or after reboot.

The system has only Intel's onboard graphics.

How could I get Intel drivers installed without BSOD?

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming KdX1s.jpg

Timo Kähkönen, Jul 22, 2021
  4. BakyJelou Win User

BSOD in Windows 7 Professional - dxgmms1.sys - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hello, I am having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

So far it happened many times when launching one specific game.

I already tried to reinstall Display driver's and DirectX

I heard that it's mostly a problem of windows 7, and when I will upgrade to windows 10 I won't have issues with this BSOD, but I don't know if that's true.

Here is the crashdump analysis from program WhoCrashed

On Sat 16.11.2019 18:55:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111619-39249-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (0xFFFFF88012DA2509)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88012DA2509, 0xFFFFF880072ACCC0, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 16.11.2019 18:55:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (0xFFFFF88012DA2509)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88012DA2509, 0xFFFFF880072ACCC0, 0x0)

Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

and here is the whole crashdump file uploaded on OneDrive

111619-39249-01.rar

thank you in advance for your help

BakyJelou, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B hardware

2. BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi guys, I need some assistance with a problem I've encountered. Recently I had two BSODs with system's reboot afterwards. First time a few weeks ago I didn't take it too serious, but having a second one today I need to fix what's causing the issue. I isolated the error...
  3. Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

Random BSoD while gaming - "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION": Greetings to the community! I recently bought PC parts, I kept only my SSD and HDD drives, and the GPU from my old pc. My PC will sometimes crash to a BSoD, and when I say crash, just yesterday it happend 5 times, in a 2 hour session while playing Fallout 4, issue that...
  4. BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Good morning. I cant believe it. I just changed the motherboard. Install everything from scratch. I start the computer and just enter windows that blue screen ... I leave the file. DESKTOP-2TUQ8DD-(2020-01-18_13-20-28).zip Win 10 Pro 1909 I infinitely appreciate the help...
  5. BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games

BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games: Getting a BSOD about 10 minutes after starting a game. Seems to happen most consistently with Fortnite. Computer runs fine otherwise. Updated my video card drivers as well as windows and the issue hasn't been resolved. Have also tried a system restore but this only seems to...
  6. BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception)

BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception): First of all, I tried using dm_log_collector, but it just crashed my pc again.So I have my mini dumps folder right here : MINIDUMPS The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bsod is literally hunting me. It happens at random times during the day, making it impossible for me to figure...
  7. BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming

BSOD System_Service_Exception (Netio.SYS) while gaming: My wife gets this when playing any game or while trying to boot up said game. Sometimes it does it sometimes not. I have looked up some stuff for it & have already tried uninstilling nvidia network adapter & i believe mcafee (it came w/ the laptop). Thank You in advanced....
  8. Random System_Service_Exception BSODs while gaming

Random System_Service_Exception BSODs while gaming: *Title* BSOD usually happens in more graphic intensive games like GTA5 or Elite: Dangerous. I haven't gotten it in games like League of Legends or Hearthstone, which are less intense. 2 most recent Minidump files and the debug file are attached below. Attachment 33280...
  9. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b: I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also blue screened while rebooting from the black screen crash, then later it blue screened again while I was playing World of...