Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs)

Discus and support SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every once in a while when I wake my computer up from hibernate, it bluecreens and gives me the above error. It most recently did it this morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BertrainMeldovason, Nov 25, 2018.

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs)

Every once in a while when I wake my computer up from hibernate, it bluecreens and gives me the above error. It most recently did it this morning (11/25/18). Also, in event viewer, the same errors keep popping up afterward. I have included a download for both the minidump, and the events during and after the crash. What is going on and how do I fix it?

Thank you.

DL Links:

*Additional information can be provided upon request*

:)

BertrainMeldovason, Nov 25, 2018
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Nov 25, 2018
  4. compupix Win User

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs)

Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log

My computer has been going into hibernation without any apparent cause. A reasonable guess would be a fan failed. I've launched SpeedFan, but unless I'm starring at it while an event happens, I don't think it will do me much good.
    Does Windows 10 log the reason for hibernation? If yes, where do I look? If no, can this functionality be added?
    I've looked at the system event viewer but was unable to make sense of it.
    The hibernate events tend to happen while watching DirecTV Now.
    I'm not sure it is hibernate. Here is what happens: The computer shuts down. I have to hit the power button to turn it back on. It takes much longer than waking from sleep to relaunch. Active programs are still open when the computer relaunches.
    Thanks!

compupix, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs)

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking from hibernate (w/ minidump and event logs) - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION upon waking

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  4. Laptop does not ask for a password upon waking from sleep/hibernate - security issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop does not ask for a password upon waking from sleep/hibernate - security issue: Hi all,My laptop running Windows 10 has stopped asking for a password when it wakes from sleep/hibernate. This is a security issue for me.My settings:In settings > sign-in options > require sign-in, I have selected the option that says "When PC wakes from sleep". The only...
  5. Laptop wakes from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes from Hibernate: I know this problem has been posted many times before, but I have yet to see any answers that help me, and I hope that I will, as this is increasingly frustrating. I have an Asus Zenbook UX434FLC and am using the option to Hibernate when I press the Power button. However,...
  6. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  7. System waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    System waking from hibernate: I have used gpedit.msc to set Enable Windows Update Power Management to disabled but still I come back to my laptop after hibernating it and find it is awake and that powercfg -lastwake shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]...
  8. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hibernation Event Log: My computer has been going into hibernation without any apparent cause. A reasonable guess would be a fan failed. I've launched SpeedFan, but unless I'm starring at it while an event happens, I don't think it will do me much good. Does Windows 10 log the reason for...