Windows 10: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu

Discus and support SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please test your memory with the instructions earlier given. Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joergi, Oct 2, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu

Please test your memory with the instructions earlier given.
    Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000080008, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff800bc2a3273, address which referenced memory[/quote] As this is a read operation, a driver requested data from the memory but received corrupted data.

2. Joergi Win User

Thanks for analyzing this second bluescreen! As this is a different problem than the problem in the initial post of this thread, I had posted this new problem into a separate thread. I think it might well be that this second issue is not related to the first one.

Anyway, Memtest ran through without errors.

And now?

Joergi, Oct 6, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Doesn't matter, you get BSOD's, please keep it in 1 thread as long as you get them.

Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

4. Joergi Win User

I'll add a space between the command and the actual parameter....*Smile

Joergi, Oct 6, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    That is fine, it actually doesn't matter with sfc *Wink
    With DISM, it does matter.

6. Joergi Win User
    I finally had the time to run sfc /scannow. It finished without finding any violation.

So...what else?

Does the dump contain any information, on what exactly caused this read error in the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL screen?

Joergi, Oct 9, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    You know as much as I about the crash.

Please make sure the frequency of the RAM in the BIOS is supported by the motherboard.

8. Joergi Win User

Does it really not contain more information? A file name? A process name or something like that?

Joergi, Oct 9, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately I cannot find much in the dump, the active process was the search indexer FYI.

Moving over to drivers.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu [​IMG]
    Warning I don't know exactly what driver you should update from your manufacturer as you didn't fill in your system specs although I requested so.
    Please first check your manufacturer for driver updates BEFORE going to the site for driver updates
    A list of outdated drivers, some links are for information about the drivers.

10. Joergi Win User
    Do you have a process name of the search indexer?

As for the drivers: That is a list of all non-Microsoft drivers, right?

Joergi, Oct 12, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    It is called searchindexer, from Microsoft most likely.

That is right yes.

12. Joergi Win User
    SearchIndexer.exe is located in C:\Windows\system32. It is the Search Index Creation tool by Microsoft.

Is it that application, which actually caused the bluescreen? If so, does the dump contain any information to why this tool is crashing?

Joergi, Oct 13, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Have you updated the drivers?

I cannot answer your question as I doubt it a lot, but with Windows 10 it could be possible.

The why is for most causes explained in my previous post.
    It is pretty general, but it is what in most cases happens.
    If you want details, you'll need to ask an expert for it, because I cannot give you it.

14. Joergi Win User
    If you see any updates, please tell me, but as far as I can tell, I am using the latest versions. *Smile

Joergi, Oct 20, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    I am sorry, I have been quite busy so I have not checked for any updates *Sad

Thema:

1. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION when searching in start menu - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION searching start

2. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  3. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  4. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  6. Search menu on top of start menu

Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  7. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  8. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

Start menu starts floating when searching by text input: Hi all I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows. As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my screen. Is this how its supposed to work?? I am attaching a screen shots below Click start: [ATTACH] Start to type :...
  9. Wrong icon in start menu when searching

Wrong icon in start menu when searching: The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks! Some examples of the wrong icons are shown below. Why I choose "Ubuntu 16.04" rather than other common built-in UWP apps is that...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...