Windows 10: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION BSOD

Discus and support SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having this issue for about a week now and for the life of me I cannot figure anything out, even with driver verifier or chkdsk. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jude Keir, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Jude Keir Win User

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION BSOD

Hi all,

I've been having this issue for about a week now and for the life of me I cannot figure anything out, even with driver verifier or chkdsk. The BSODs just happen at random, usually with SYSTEN_THREAD_EXCEPTION, I looked at the minidumps through BluescreenView and they blame ntoskrnl and HIDCLASS.SYS. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_HLMPl9hLhC0fvEiygEjfCyLIPSJ5Pp/view?usp=sharing <- the minidump in case anyone can debug it

:)

Jude Keir, Mar 5, 2021
  2. pppp1211 Win User

Kept getting BSOD (error messages include DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION, etc in Windows 10.

pppp1211, Mar 5, 2021
  3. AmaKlm Win User
    BSOD system_thread_exception...

I had a BSOD and i dont know the reason behind it.

I linked the minidump file easyupload.io

Maybe someone is able to help me

Thanks in advance

AmaKlm, Mar 5, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION BSOD - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION BSOD

2. Windows 11 system_thread_exception error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system_thread_exception error: I have a Windows 11 laptop with 2 external hard drives that I use. Today whenever I try to plug one of them into my laptop I keep getting a blue screen with stop code "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and what failed "Ntfs.sys"I've checked and as far as I'm aware all my...
  3. Windows 11 system_thread_exception error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system_thread_exception error: I have a Windows 11 laptop with 2 external hard drives that I use. Today whenever I try to plug one of them into my laptop I keep getting a blue screen with stop code "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and what failed "Ntfs.sys"I've checked and as far as I'm aware all my...
  4. Bluescreen Errors — SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION & Others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen Errors — SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION & Others: Hi, I've been having a number of different bluescreen errors on my computer recently and haven't had much luck in narrowing down the exact cause. I've disabled XMP mode in my BIOS, run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool in extended mode multiple times, as well as Memtest86,...
  5. Bridge.sys BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bridge.sys BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..: How to fix it?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  6. Bridge.sys BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridge.sys BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..: How to fix it?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : false AllowNugetExeUpdate : false AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : false...
  7. Bridge.sys BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD system_thread_exception...

BSOD system_thread_exception...: I had a BSOD and i dont know the reason behind it. I linked the minidump file https://easyupload.io/n5idjz Maybe someone is able to help me Thanks in advance...
  9. Bridge.sys BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..) - How to read this memory dump ?

Bridge.sys BSOD (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION etc..) - How to read this memory dump ?: I am trying to figure out how to read this memory dump, which I retrieved following a BSOD. I've had many of these BSOD over the past 18 months, basically ever since I built my computer. Usually I get the "IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL" code but this time it was...
  10. BSOD (System_thread_exception) when attempting backup of C:

BSOD (System_thread_exception) when attempting backup of C:: Attachment 90971Attachment 90972Some background on the issue. I had the System thread BSOD when I restarted my computer and I tried to launch into safe mode but it still crashed at the logo, so instead I reinstalled windows and restored from a backup after reinstalling my...