Windows 10: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and/or Driver failures

Discus and support SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and/or Driver failures in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I have recently been seeing a crash every now and then and decided to look into it. I followed some advice from a thread about verifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elykk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Elykk Win User

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and/or Driver failures

Hello all,

I have recently been seeing a crash every now and then and decided to look into it. I followed some advice from a thread about verifying my drivers and noticed that after enabling the verifier for all non Microsoft drivers my system would continuously crash due to DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION.

Thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

I was able to boot into safe mode and disable the verifier checks verifier /reset and Windows boots normally now. I have uploaded 3 minidump files and an MSinfo file to the following OneDrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnkJvWEz39ohkm8df79yFago56Wz?e=AUJzHA

I also have a full memory dump available. I'll upload it if someone things it can help.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

:)

Elykk, Sep 14, 2020

2. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 14, 2020
  3. geoB Win User
    Occasional SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

Got a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD. Opened the MEMORY.DUMP with windbg to see that the faulted driver was a Broadcom wireless driver (bcmwlhigh6.sys) that is not listed in Device Manager. So I thought I'd stop by here for some advice. The requested zip file is attached.

At your convenience. Thanks.

4. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and/or Driver failures - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Driver failures

2. System_thread_exception_not_handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System_thread_exception_not_handled: My PC wont connect to wifi, so I tried resetting network settings, and wiping my pc from safe mode and recovery mode, everytime I get a blue screen that says System_thread_exception_not_handled rtwlanu.sys, I’ve tried rolling back drivers and windows update but my system says...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemthreadexceptionnothandled/5a4854c2-23ba-4797-983e-ee7168c2d4ab
  4. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys: As the title says, I have been encountering two same BSODs that is caused by one driver lvrs64.sys that happens to be Logitech driver from the external webcam that I bought for my laptop, Logitech C270, since my built-in webcam is broken. Please tell me if there are any...
  5. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Got a stopcode ia.StorAC.sys. It restarted and repeated the error. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Collecting info and will restart, but now it's hung....
  6. Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from mssecflk.sys driver after trying to uninstall...: Hello. Recently, AMD released new Chipset drivers. I wanted to install them, but I got an error during the installation, so I decided to uninstall old drivers via Control Panel first. Unfortunately, uninstaller stuck at 0%, I decided to run AMD Clean Uninstall Utility which...
  7. System_thread_exception_not_handled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System_thread_exception_not_handled: Computer shuts down with the following message: System_thread_exception_not_handled Whatfailed: lvuvc64.sys This happens frequently. When I am in the middle of an assessment or watching a study download, the computer switches off and the above message comes up. Please...
  8. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: I have no idea why it's doing this, I'm using it for gaming but I recently got it back from a computer shop to setup my new ssd. It has been doing that ever since BUT only on chrome? And other web browsers... I've looked for this online but nothing came up that could...
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: [ATTACH] Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed: Netwtw06.sys This blue screen error usually happens when I close the lid of my laptop. When I open the lid, there is a chance that this might happen. It does not always happen but it happens very...
  10. System_THread_Exception_Not_Handled

System_THread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hello, I'm runing Win7 Ultimate and whenever I try to install win10 it starts loading the circle below the logo and then after few seconds it says "System_Thread_Exception_not_handled and it restarts by itself, I wanna do clean installation, but it just won't let me and i...