Windows 10: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

Discus and support SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CosmicCaviar, Apr 20, 2016.

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

Hi,

I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a huge thread about it on their forums but with no real solution. Microsoft updated dxgmms2.sys back in February and since then I've only ever crashed while alt-tabbing, never while actually playing.
    The only thing I know works for sure is either disabling SLI or rolling back to old drivers without DX12 support. Neither solution is very satisfying.

Is this simply a problem with SLI and DX12 as many are saying or can you guys see something else in my crash reports?

Thanks in advance.

:)

CosmicCaviar, Apr 20, 2016
  2. akwaco Win User

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

I have had four or five of these messages today with the BSOD, and an automatic restart.

Previously not had any problems.

I have a 64-bit HP Pavillion desktop computer, with Windows 10.

How does a total non-tech person get this fixed?

akwaco, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi!

I think it is the new flash update. It only happen to me while using IE.

Teddy2016, Apr 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

What happens if you install a latest WHQL Driver? BETA's are supposed to fail, and 362.00 was not very stable.

Try these two:
    364.51 is a good stable driver. Let us see A BSOD with either of these two drivers employed ... it will be needed to arrive at a decision.

Thema:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2 sys

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2: Hi recently i get BSOD on my laptop and i don't what's the problem. Can you check my minidump files that i share below?Laptop Specs :Device name OMEN 15Processor AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 32,0 GB 31,4 GB usable System type 64-bit operating...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2: Hi recently i get BSOD on my laptop and i don't what's the problem. Can you check my minidump files that i share below?Laptop Specs :Device name OMEN 15Processor AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 32,0 GB 31,4 GB usable System type 64-bit operating...
  4. SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys: why Iam I getting this error????????SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys) when Iam playing euro truck on my computer and how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemexceptiondxgmms2sys/5925ee55-ab6e-462e-953c-c17bd12cee33
  5. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  6. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...: have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main monitor and have video content on the second monitor ……….………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. The BSOD occurs...
  7. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys: This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers. This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a...
  8. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  9. BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys: Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen. 85143
  10. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...