Windows 10: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

Discus and support SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, hoping you can help me with this one. On a completely new Acer Swift laptop I get this error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristofferS117, Jul 28, 2019.

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

Hey, hoping you can help me with this one.

On a completely new Acer Swift laptop I get this error message:
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I get it every single time I leave the computer for a while and the screen goes to black, or If i press windows+L and lock the computer.
    And I do mean every single time. It also seem to have been happening more regularly with time, as it didnt happen the 6 months after I bought it, when I was only writing a thesis on it.

Since I bought it only to write my thesis, I have not installed alot of stuff on it or used it for much else than writing.

Is there any way to find the source of this error, seeing as it is isolated to instances where the screen goes into sleep / different break modes, or is the only way to re-format it?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

kind regards
    Christoffer

:)

ChristofferS117, Jul 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jul 28, 2019
  4. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED w10 everytime

2. Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Turn off screen and Sleep feature: I have Lenovo Yoga C930 and C940, each using Windows 10 and Windows 11 fully up-to-date, so as their BIOS, and H/W drivers including Intel display graphics, etc. I already reached out to Lenovo, but they were unable to help.No matter what I tried, they all go to sleep...
  3. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  4. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  5. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Screen won't turn off or sleep

Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  7. W10 laptop screen turns off

W10 laptop screen turns off: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with a fresh install of W10. Whenever I consume any hands-off content, like Youtube videos, my screen finds it appropriate to shut off on me. I am well aware that this is due to my battery saving settings that are set to make the screen...
  8. Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?

Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?: Is there a setting to turn my computer off at 11pm and turn it back on at 7am? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-time-for-computer-to-turn-offsleep/dc0ed1e2-d3e1-4294-bba5-de602ab6b171
  9. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  10. Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off: I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or if the screen even turns off when idle, my computer slows down to a crawl. Programs won't...