Windows 10: SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys BSOD while playing games

Discus and support SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, For a very long time (10months) my laptop has been crashing during games like League of Legends, Heroes of the storm, CS:GO and even Hearthstone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by graeverke, May 25, 2017.

1. graeverke Win User

SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys BSOD while playing games

So,
    For a very long time (10months) my laptop has been crashing during games like League of Legends, Heroes of the storm, CS:GO and even Hearthstone. The only game that doesn't make it crash is Oldschool Runescape since this game does not run on my nvidia graphics card.

What happens before the BSOD:
    the game freezes, my laptop makes a weird robot-sounding noise and then a BSOD appears with the following:
    SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED
    nvlddmkm.sys

What I've tried so far:
    - Uninstalling my nvidia driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, then doing a clean install with the driver from Nvidia website
    - I have performed a factory reset
    - I have tried renaming the nvlddmkm.sys file

The DM Log Collector file is attached.

EDIT: link to onedrive file as requested Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

:)

graeverke, May 25, 2017

2. BSOD while playing games

which game, some machine details would be useful too

Hardcore Games™, May 25, 2017
  3. BSOD while playing games

These were all related to directX. Remove your current video driver and install the newest driver available

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 25, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The zip file you uploaded is empty. Try running dm_log_collector again and check the size of the zip before uploading it.

Ztruker, May 26, 2017
  5. graeverke Win User
    Thanks for telling, uploaded the right file now!

graeverke, May 26, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Better but there are no dumps in the new zip file so not much I can look at. I'll look through the eventlog.txt file and seeif anything shows up.

See if you have a C:\Windows\memory.dmp file. If yes, zip it and upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive then post a link to it here. It's too large, even zipped, to upload here.

Edit: I see several of these in the log file:
    Code: Event[1100]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-05-27T16:51:38.954 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-3JKT9I9 Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Ztruker, May 26, 2017
  7. graeverke Win User
    Okay, I'm uploading the file right now, I'll post the link as soon as it's done.

EDIT: just saw your EDIT, i will configure the settings right now

EDIT2: My laptop is now set to create minidumps when it crashes, would it be helpful if i upload another file like the one you were reading after my laptop crashes another time?

EDIT3: posted the link to onedrive

graeverke, May 26, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Yes, if you get another BSOD, run dm_log_collector again and post the zip file.
    Please do so in a new post, don't edit a previous post. I won't be notified if you do that.

So far not able to get the file from OnweDrive, keep getting this:

Attachment 137191

Ztruker, May 28, 2017
  9. graeverke Win User
    So this is the zip file from the dm_log_collector after another BSOD.

Also, I tested the OneDrive link with another laptop visiting the site as a guest and it started downloading immediatly. So I don't really know how I could solve that..

I also wanted to say thank you really much for looking into this!

graeverke, May 28, 2017
  10. graeverke Win User
    I deleted the zip file in the last post since parts of it were in Dutch, I changed my settings so everything is in English now.

graeverke, May 28, 2017
  11. graeverke Win User
    Another file after a few more crashes, thought it might help.

graeverke, May 31, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    No new dump but the Event log indicates a full dump was saved:
    Code: Event[32805]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-05-31T22:29:12.636 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-3JKT9I9 Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8067722e11a, 0xffff9081deef4418, 0xffff9081deef3c40). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00[/quote] You can try zipping it and uploading to OneDrive and post a link to it here (again).

Check your settings for dumps again please: How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Ztruker, May 31, 2017
  13. graeverke Win User

new file including new dump, should I still try uploading the file to onedrive too?

graeverke, May 31, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    Hold off on uploading the large dump. The one you just uploaded points to nvlddmkm.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8077449e11a, ffffc700f9d18418, ffffc700f9d17c40} Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+21e11a )[/quote] That belongs to your NVIDIA GeForce 920M. The latest driver is version 382.33 which is what you currently have. I'd say try the original driver that came with the laptop. I found these here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/conten...oduct/5993?b=1

Attachment 137660

Ztruker, Jun 1, 2017
  15. graeverke Win User
    allright I'll try that and I will post the results after some testing

graeverke, Jun 1, 2017
Thema:

1. SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED nvlddmkm sys

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while not playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while not playing games: My computer keeps crashing while I'm not playing games. I have attached the dump files from driver verifier. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqSuzQPDJgrdgW4Jt4bvAsCpRz6O?e=1KCz1d...
  4. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD while playing games.: My latest BSOD was "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" But I have had other ones as well, that I can't remember. They seem to happen almost exlusively within one game (Star Wars Battlefront 2) have occasionally happen in other games as well. System is: i9 9900k 32 gb ddr4 3200 RTX3080...
  5. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  6. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  8. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...
  9. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I bought my pc 2 months ago and recently i got my pc getting BSOD while playing games. The BSOD occurs only while i'm playing games It said error: System_Service_Exception 50705
  10. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
Tags: