Windows 10: systemimage cannot restore

Discus and support systemimage cannot restore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cannot open the computer because it need to repair the system image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Felix Labola, Apr 2, 2023.

1. systemimage cannot restore

cannot open the computer because it need to repair the system image

:)

Felix Labola, Apr 2, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

systemimage cannot restore 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 2, 2023
  3. SystemImage restore fails when trying to go from windows 10 back to windows 8.1

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to start Volume Shadow Copy service
    and set it to Automatic.

Steps to Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Volume Shadow Copy service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.
    Note: You may lose the restore points when you stop the VSS.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

I also suggest you to refer to the section creating a recovery drive in below article.

Repair & recovery

Windows help & learning

Reference: I also suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Recovery options in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Pinchy Win User

systemimage cannot restore

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

systemimage cannot restore

1. systemimage cannot restore - Similar Threads - systemimage cannot restore

2. Cannot restore AppXManifest.xml

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot restore AppXManifest.xml: I messed up pretty hard. Basically it all started with the Xbox Gamepass app refusing to delete a game I uninstalled. It hid 100+ gigabytes worth of space in locked folders. I got rid of it the first time by using a program called emco Unlock IT. This unlocked the folder and...
  3. systemimage cannot restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    systemimage cannot restore: cannot open the computer because it need to repair the system image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemimage-cannot-restore/e919a2ee-578e-45f0-8543-5f36b5d7ac39
  4. systemimage cannot restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    systemimage cannot restore: cannot open the computer because it need to repair the system image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemimage-cannot-restore/e919a2ee-578e-45f0-8543-5f36b5d7ac39
  5. Cannot Restore Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Restore Windows: Basically, I cannot do anything to Windows 10. It's totally locked down chicken-and-egg style. Can't Refresh, Restore or Reset Windows, can't create Installation Media, booting from Safe Mode ignores commands and boots normally. Can't Update or even revert to a previous build...
  6. Cannot Restore Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Restore Windows: Basically, I cannot do anything to Windows 10. It's totally locked down chicken-and-egg style. Can't Refresh, Restore or Reset Windows, can't create Installation Media, booting from Safe Mode ignores commands and boots normally. Can't Update or even revert to a previous build...
  7. Cannot Restore OneDrive

Cannot Restore OneDrive: I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** titled: "ACTION REQUIRED: Signs of ransomware detected." It contained a button labeled: Go to OneDrive.com. When I click it, it briefly goes to my OneDrive but them routes me to:...
  8. Cannot Restore OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Restore OneDrive: I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** titled: "ACTION REQUIRED: Signs of ransomware detected." It contained a button labeled: Go to OneDrive.com. When I click it, it briefly goes to my OneDrive but them routes me to:...
  9. SystemImage Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SystemImage Drive: So I create a SystemImage on a USB drive which was randomly assigned as "F:". Now when I plug it in later for an update it sometimes is randomly assigned as "G:" for example. This drives Win10 crazy and it complains it cannot find my SystemImage backup. Really? So...
  10. Cannot Restore OneDrive

Cannot Restore OneDrive: I removed some files from the Recycle Bin in my OneDrive, and I want to get them back. When i go in to my settings, and hit Restore my OneDrive, it asks me to select a restore date; once I click that, the whole page goes white, and I am unable to do anything. I have tried...