Windows 10: systeminfo "System Boot Time"

Discus and support systeminfo "System Boot Time" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just noticed that systeminfo "System Boot Time" gives the time of the last reboot, not the last cold startup as I believe it used to do. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrDavid, Oct 30, 2016.

1. DrDavid Win User

systeminfo "System Boot Time"

I have just noticed that systeminfo "System Boot Time" gives the time of the last reboot, not the last cold startup as I believe it used to do.
    This applies to the other methods such as "C:> NET STATISTICS SERVER" too.

e.g. Yesterday (30/10/2016) evening at 23:00 I did a "Restart" on the PC.
    I did a "Shutdown" at 23:30.
    This morning (31/10/2016) t 09:00 I powered up from cold.
    systeminfo tells me the last reboot time of 30/10/2016 at 23:00.
    I would rather it told me 31/10/2016 09:00

How can I get the right date and time of the most recent system startup?

:)

DrDavid, Oct 30, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Oct 30, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Oct 30, 2016
  4. systeminfo "System Boot Time"

Disable Fast Start:

systeminfo "System Boot Time" [​IMG]

Alan Russell, Oct 30, 2016
  5. DrDavid Win User
    Alan,
    Many Thanks. That worked fine!
    (How on earth did you know that?!)

DrDavid, Oct 30, 2016
  6. With Fast Start enabled, Windows shutdown is more closely related to hibernation. Restart rebuilds the opertaing system at startup. Disabling Fast Start forces the operating system to be rebuilt every time. As far as I can see, Fast Start only offers benefits at startup in term of speed, but in every other way is only a nuisance. Certain products require a full shutdown to install properly.

Alan Russell, Oct 30, 2016
  7. DrDavid Win User
    Alan,
    Thanks again. I had no idea that was the case!
    I did not particularly notice much deterioration in my start-up speed when I unchecked Fast Start, shut down and switched on again after reading your advice.
    Regards, David

DrDavid, Oct 30, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

IMHO Fast Start is more trouble than worth. I turn it off on all my devices. After every update or upgrade I check to make sure it's still off.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. systeminfo "System Boot Time" - Similar Threads - systeminfo System Boot

2. systeminfo reports wrong boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    systeminfo reports wrong boot time: systeminfo reports wrong boot time while fast startup is enabled. Is there any solution to this without disabling Fast startup feature. You can create virtual Ethernet and a virtual connection, so when you check it's status, the connection time is shown. From here we can find...
  3. systeminfo reports wrong boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    systeminfo reports wrong boot time: systeminfo reports wrong boot time while fast startup is enabled. Is there any solution to this without disabling Fast startup feature. You can create virtual Ethernet and a virtual connection, so when you check it's status, the connection time is shown. From here we can find...
  4. systeminfo reports wrong boot time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What should be the correct system boot time?

What should be the correct system boot time?: Windows 10 version 2004 Japanese updated Software/Drivers updated. When I turn on computer the Acer Care Center warn that System Boot taking time, however, when I check the Task manager/Startup it says 3.2 or 2.9 refer screen shot a while ago. May be the Acer Care Center...
  6. systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed: This is the error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> The question is why? No results searching with Bing and Google - though there were a few pages for Explorer and Media Player errors. There is a page from "Experts...
  7. Windows 10 Systeminfo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Systeminfo: I would like to add systeminfo application to my Win10PE image, but i am having issues getting it to recognize the hardware installed in the unit. I plan on using this to verify that the correct amount of memory is installed in the unit. could someone help me with the exact...
  8. Time delay in dual boot system

Time delay in dual boot system: I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Every time I switch to Ubuntu and get back to windows, I find time is delayed 2 hours! I am using a Dell laptop. What should I do to fix this?...
  9. Restore system back each time it boots?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore system back each time it boots?: What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because studens keep messing up computers and i have to reinstall the computer via network. Many years ago, i were student at school...
  10. New system build, new long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New system build, new long boot times: So this one I've done a lot of searching on and I haven't found an answer that's worked for me, yet. Last week I got a new motherboard, processor, and RAM. I installed the new components followed by a fresh install of Windows 10, got it activated, everything seemed good......