Windows 10: SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps writing on my hard disk every 60 seconds

Discus and support SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps writing on my hard disk every 60 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, after digging for a while with the Windows Performance Recorder/Analyzer, I found out that there is this one task Process System (4) Id... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ric.pol, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ric.pol Win User

SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps writing on my hard disk every 60 seconds

Hello,

after digging for a while with the Windows Performance Recorder/Analyzer, I found out that there is this one task

Process System (4)
    Id 504
    Opcode Name win:Info
    Task Name SystemLatencyUpdate
    Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

triggering an event every 60 seconds that, in turn, writes something on my HD.

This is very annoying, mainly because of the noise of the hard drive being accessed to.

I would gladly kill the process responsible for this task, except it's the kernel of course...

How could I stop this task from running? Or at least, from writing on my hard disk? Or maybe if it could trigger itself every 60 minutes or so...

thanks in advance for any suggestions,

riccardo

:)

ric.pol, Nov 14, 2019
  2. AlterMind Win User

Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

Hi all -- the title says it all *Smile
    Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins !
    Thx for your suggestions !
    @+++

SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps writing on my hard disk every 60 seconds [​IMG]

AlterMind, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

Hi Fernanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In regards to your concern, please help me with following questions:

• Is the Hard drive external or internal?
    You can try following steps and check if that fixes the issue:

1. Run Virus scan on the Hard Drive.
    2. Perform check disk commands on the Hard Disk to fix the Disk errors.
    Refer to this article.

Note: Remove all the external devices before performing check disk.

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps writing on my hard disk every 60 seconds - Similar Threads - SystemLatencyUpdate task keeps

2. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  3. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  4. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  6. Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading: Hello, God, I have a 1000 GB hard drive and it's hard to go, that if I copy the data on it, it's copying hard enough. Do you know any solution to increase writing, reading, optimization, etc.? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  7. Powershell script running every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell script running every 60 seconds: I have re-purposed an old Toshiba Satellite L650 laptop to stream media in my theatre room. I installed an SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. I have noticed the fan speed would increase and decrease regularly even when I was not touching it. I checked Task Manager and CPU...
  8. My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds

My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds: I reseted my laptop and while it was resetting I turned off the pc,when I turned it on the laptop kept restarting every 3 seconds please someone help Laptop type:Asus Sonicmaster core i3...
  9. BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time

BSOD 60 seconds after boot every time: it has given me several reasons for BSOD, such as: unexpected kernel mode trap security check failure and others I forget sorry... I am running in safe mode now without problem for quite a while so I guess it is a driver problem, I hope? here is my debug thing...
  10. Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds: Hi all -- the title says it all :-) Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins ! Thx for your suggestions ! @+++ [img] 29693