Windows 10: Systemprofiles disappeared

Discus and support Systemprofiles disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After waiting 2 hours for update to finish shut it down. Oops. Now i have no systemprofile settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenWyland, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Systemprofiles disappeared

After waiting 2 hours for update to finish shut it down. Oops. Now i have no systemprofile settings

:)

KarenWyland, Oct 10, 2019

2. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Systemprofiles disappeared

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Systemprofiles disappeared

1. Systemprofiles disappeared - Similar Threads - Systemprofiles disappeared

2. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11: I updated windows 10 to 11 I went to start session with the user I have and I get this error. C:windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop I have restarted the PC in safe mode does not let me create folders or the Desktop or anything. when I restart it keeps coming out I don't...
  3. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 11: I updated windows 10 to 11 I went to start session with the user I have and I get this error. C:windowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop I have restarted the PC in safe mode does not let me create folders or the Desktop or anything. when I restart it keeps coming out I don't...
  4. Why were some of my desktop elements in C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why were some of my desktop elements in C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\: I scanned my PC with Avira and in the results it says, it cant find some elements on my system because the path cant be found. The elements that were mentioned were at some point on my PC - some a week ago, another some months. What is the reason that my desktop files were...
  5. Why were some of my desktop elements in C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why were some of my desktop elements in C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\: I scanned my PC with Avira and in the results it says, it cant find some elements on my system because the path cant be found. The elements that were mentioned were at some point on my PC - some a week ago, another some months. What is the reason that my desktop files were...
  6. Why were some of my desktop elements in C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop\

7. .ps1 files running from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\L ocal\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .ps1 files running from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\L ocal\: Good afternoon,I'm using sysmon and I've detected random .ps1 files running across my enterprise at different time intervals. I attempted to locate these .ps1 files on my local system and they have disappeared or been deleted. Is this some normal check that windows...
  8. .ps1 files running from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\L ocal\

.ps1 files running from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\L ocal\: Good afternoon,I'm using sysmon and I've detected random .ps1 files running across my enterprise at different time intervals. I attempted to locate these .ps1 files on my local system and they have disappeared or been deleted. Is this some normal check that windows...
  9. .ps1 files running from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\L ocal\

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to refer to Task in Multimedia\SystemProfile located in registry.

How to refer to Task in Multimedia\SystemProfile located in registry.: Hi, I see that MMCSS have some settings inside registry, like Tasks under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks.Certain application reffering to different Tasks. How I could refer app or services to this tasks?...