Windows 10: SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways

Discus and support SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello experts, I want to access the System Restore Point options (list, create ...) in the System Properties box direct via command line.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex 1949, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Alex 1949 Win User

SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways

Hello experts,

I want to access the System Restore Point options (list, create ...) in the System Properties box direct via command line.

Unfortunately, the command "SystemPropertiesProtection.exe" (or the entire path, "%windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe") yields two different results.

• Enter it in WIN+R, the System Properties window opens correctly with tab 4 (of 5), "System Protection".

• Enter it in a cmd box (or batch file, which is what I actually want), the System Properties window opens with tab 1 (of just 3), "Computer Name".

How is this possible?

Or rather, what is the correct command line for a batch file to access the System Restore Point options?

(My Windows 10 system is up-to-date:64/1903.18362.295.)Thanks for any help!

:)

Alex 1949, Sep 3, 2019

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you get?
    • Is the issue specific to opening .exe files?
    I would request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if the .exe files can be opened.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Please revert if you still find error while opening the .exe files.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 3, 2019
  4. SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways

[SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

The clean boot needs an exe file to work, so therefore I can't do one!!!

Any other ideas that do not need a exe file?

GeoffLester, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways

1. SystemPropertiesProtection.exe opens in two different ways - Similar Threads - SystemPropertiesProtection exe opens

2. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  3. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  4. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  5. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

in Browsers and Email
    Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.: This started about three days ago and is consistent with Microsoft Edge and hit or miss with Firefox, except that Firefox has the option to accept the risk and continue on to sign-in. Both browsers are fully up to date but the funny thing is, my smart phone uses the same...
  6. Is there a way to make the pointer appear as different sizes on a two-monitor display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the pointer appear as different sizes on a two-monitor display?: I have a separate external monitor connected to my laptop, but from where I'm sitting, the pointer is too small on my laptop screen. Is there a way to seamlessly change pointer sizes when moving between two connected displays? submitted by /u/TheTommohawkTom [link]...
  7. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  8. What is the difference between vc_redist.x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between vc_redist.x64.exe and vcredist_x64.exe?: I was just looking for the redistributable installer in my VS2019 folders and was surprised to find what appears to be two copies of each version, but with different names. I assume that one of the two is preferred and that there is some purpose to this, but on line searches...
  9. Two users, two different environments on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two users, two different environments on a laptop: Likely a newbie question... I don't have a laptop so I can't check right now. Windows 10 x64 Pro two users. Is it possible to have two environments / desktops (maybe something like admin and guest?) on a laptop? which desktop showing up depending on the login credentials?...
  10. Two (little) different BSOD in two days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two (little) different BSOD in two days.: Hi, Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second...