Windows 10: System's Customized Setting Backup

Discus and support System's Customized Setting Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just wondering if it is possible to save my PC settings. I am setting my PC the way I would like to have it, with respect to font size and color,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by caxtin, Mar 31, 2018.

1. caxtin Win User

System's Customized Setting Backup

Just wondering if it is possible to save my PC settings. I am setting my PC the way I would like to have it, with respect to font size and color, desktop icon format and the rest. I would like to save my systems settings for safe keeping.
    Thanks.

:)

caxtin, Mar 31, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Saving Customized Setting on MSN Homepage

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Saving Customized Setting on MSN Homepage

Hi,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?

• Which is your default home page?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2018
  4. RolandJS Win User

You mean other than making full images of your OS partition? I don't know of any other quicker or best way, maybe others in here will know.

RolandJS, Apr 1, 2018
  5. caxtin Win User
    Yep, other than making full image of my OS. Am always current on all my device backups (PCs, mobile phone and tablets). I would think for such, there would be a way to just save the settings especially if I happen to do a little adjustment on just one item, I won't have to go through the OS backup just for one item. Thank you for bringing up the IMPORTANCE of backups. Was 'burnt' a few times some ten years ago and it won't happen to me again; had no backup and lost a lot.

Maybe this is just me, I force myself to backup because I got lazy and feel if I lose a file or a partition, I would be able to retrieve/recover them, but I have stopped being complacent and just backup.

caxtin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System's Customized Setting Backup - Similar Threads - System's Customized Setting

2. Backup in Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backup in Settings: When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and then select Backup. Why is there a problem going to the page I want? Also when I put the USB for the external backup drive it...
  3. Backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup in Settings: When I go Into Settings>Backup, to back on an external drive, t takes a long time to 'load'. I then select More Options which eventually 'loads' and then select Backup. Why is there a problem going to the page I want? Also when I put the USB for the external backup drive it...
  4. System backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System backup: 1 Does system image backup your entire system including the operating system? I bought a new drive and wanted to backup my old drive before replacing it.. If I do a system image backup... does it also backup the Windows OS? If system imaging does not backup my OS and my...
  5. Backup customized console layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup customized console layout?: Hi! I always like to change the default layout of PowerShell to let it more like cmd, but everytime I change computer I have to reconfigure it again. Is there a way to customize and backup/restore that? I have tried to backup registry keys before (HKCU\Console) but it...
  6. System Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Backup: How do I backup a program database onto One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-backup/abca02aa-4e69-4e3c-ae9d-1f735d263b1c
  7. Where is my customized logo in Settings>System>About

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is my customized logo in Settings>System>About: Since up dating my system to Windows Home build 14393, 1607, I noticed that I can not add my customized logo to Settings>System>About. This would be set through the OEMInformation registry setting. However, it does appear when I go to the System properties from right click...
  8. Backup Settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Settings: Is there a way to backup Display Brightness settings, including the ones in Control Panel? 67849
  9. System Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Backup: After spending two days to get my computer reprogram after a Diskpart failure I want to do a backup on the drive. Is the Windows10 backup good to use,or do I need something else. If I do a complete backup can I restore it to another formatted drive ?. Need a better way of...
  10. How to set custom locations for system folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom locations for system folders?: Okay I'm a bit stumped on this although I had no issues in Windows 7. I think my problem with permissions may be unique to my computer to be honest. 1. This computer is using the hard drives from past computers. So I'm guessing the permissions on everything was setup by a...