Windows 10: Systems sounds not fully playing

Discus and support Systems sounds not fully playing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 home. I am an audiofile and therefore have particular sounds/wav files set to certain windows events (like new mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hockleygirl, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Systems sounds not fully playing

I'm running windows 10 home. I am an audiofile and therefore have particular sounds/wav files set to certain windows events (like new mail notifications, windows startup, windows exit (the last two I had to go into the registry to make them visible in the sounds so I could attach waves to them - shame on Microsoft) Whenever these wavs are engaged, they NEVER fully play. For example, if the wav that is to play plays, and it is a 3 second wav I only hear the last half second or quarter of a second of the wav. The windows exit wav HAS NEVER PLAYED. IT IS NOT A DEVICE PROBLEM.

Is Microsoft ever going to address this issue or is your entire customer base just out of luck? This has been an issue since Windows 10 was released. SHAME ON YOU. This is a slap in the face to your customers.

:)

hockleygirl, Apr 26, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 26, 2019
  3. System sounds won't play...?

There are sounds assigned, but I have absolutely no idea where they're playing out to! Probably because the machine also has a S/PDIF and HDMI as audio sources, but my LCD doesn't have built-in speakers to play sound from. I also have USB headphones, but they don't have System Sounds​ listed in the Volume Control anywhere.

HoneycombWX, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Systems sounds not fully playing

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Systems sounds not fully playing

1. Systems sounds not fully playing - Similar Threads - Systems sounds fully

2. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  3. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  4. system only playing system sounds, nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system only playing system sounds, nothing else: I'm not sure when this started, but now Chrome and edge and windows media player won't play sound, but system sounds work fine (both in headphones and on the speakers). I've tried resetting to factory settings, adjusting all the speaker settings, but I can't figure out what...
  5. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  6. only plays system sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only plays system sounds: Hello there, I'm just trying to connect my computer with my mixer Midas M32R with an DN32-USB. So I'd like to play some audios and record as well. The Computer recognises the USB and I can hear the test sounds. But as I wanted to play some music I couldn't hear anything. As...
  7. System sounds play, but application sound does not

System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  8. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  9. Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 System Sounds Not Playing: Hey, everybody. I've been using this computer for well over a year and all of the sudden this week for no reason it stopped playing system sounds. Like, they literally don't play. A common problem is that it's set to zero in the volume mixer. Well, I set the system sounds...
  10. Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing

Weird sound problem in Windows 10 System sounds not playing: I have a strange problem in W10 .. Fall Creators Update... but it is NOT no sound... just many system sounds do not play and will not play out of the Control Panel sound app sound test. The .wav files all play if I go to /Windows/media and select them, but will not from the...