Windows 10: SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps

Discus and support SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing the May 2019 update, I am experiencing a consistent crash in SystemSettings.exe when I attempt to enter the Apps area. An error event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Easy Rhino, May 28, 2019.

1. SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps

After installing the May 2019 update, I am experiencing a consistent crash in SystemSettings.exe when I attempt to enter the Apps area. An error event is captured in the Event Log:

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.86, time stamp: 0xda9755c4

Exception code: 0xc000008c

Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839

Faulting process id: 0x1bfc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5156f3188e683

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 471f284b-9caa-4120-a6d9-15e7dddd0ce7

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I found some chatter about a crash in Settings on the April 2018 update but the remediation (delete \Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel, then run sfc /scannow) didn't help.

Anyone else seeing this?

:)

Easy Rhino, May 28, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 28, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, May 28, 2019
  4. drdeathx Win User

SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, May 28, 2019
Thema:

SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps

1. SystemSettings.exe crashes when I choose Apps - Similar Threads - SystemSettings exe crashes

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  7. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  8. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Systemsetting crash build 17134.345

in Windows 10 Customization
    Systemsetting crash build 17134.345: Hello, trying to open setting menu , I get the blue settings screen and then it closes. Here the register content (italian language): Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: SystemSettings.exe, versione: 10.0.17134.112, timestamp: 0x2a3c4e62 Nome del modulo che ha...
  10. orgnwrks32.exe crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    orgnwrks32.exe crashing: If I open up a sample or a project, most functions will work; However; If I try to setup a new project; it crashes. Uninstalled/Reinstalled dozens of times; no luck

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faulting application name: systemsettings.exe

2. faulting application name: systemsettings.exe version: 10.0.18362.1

3. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe version: 10.0.18362.628

4. faulting application name: systemsettings.exe version: 10.0.18362.628 time stamp: 0x066bf1a5,
  5. faulting application name: systemsettings.exe winspool.drv server 2016,
  6. systemsettings.exe windows 10 crashes,
  7. systemsettings.exe crash,
  8. SystemSetting.exe,
  9. 0xc000008c application error systemsettings,
  10. Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe version: 10.0.18362.329 time stamp: 0x066bf1a5,
  11. systemsettings.exe crash windows 10,
  12. Exception code: 0xc000008c systemsettings.exe,
  13. systemsettings.exe kernelbase.dll error