Windows 10: Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware

Discus and support Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Whenever I try to add hardware, be it from the settings menu or from the control panel, the window crashes. The event show in the event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carlos Kanfos, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware

Hi everyone,

Whenever I try to add hardware, be it from the settings menu or from the control panel, the window crashes.

The event show in the event monitor is the following:

Nome da aplicação com falha: SystemSettings.exe, versão: 10.0.18362.628, carimbo de data/hora: 0x066bf1a5
    Nome do módulo com falha: ntdll.dll, versão: 10.0.18362.778, carimbo de data/hora: 0x0c1bb301
    Código de exceção: 0xc0000409
    Desvio de falha: 0x000000000008c45f
    ID do processo com falha: 0x4130
    Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d616863795ad43
    Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    ID do Relatório: 37589f26-b7bf-4d7b-a2a9-729924a07af6
    Nome completo do pacote com falha: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    ID da aplicação relativa ao pacote com falha: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have already tried using a new admin account, did an inplace upgrade, ran sfc and sim online repair, and everything failed.

Any clues on how to solve this? New install is not an option...

Thanks in advance.

:)

Carlos Kanfos, Apr 19, 2020

2. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Apr 19, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware

1. Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware - Similar Threads - Systemsettings exe crashes

2. Hardware crash trying to identify culprit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware crash trying to identify culprit: Hi,I have recently been experienceing a lot of random hardware failures crashing my PC and im wondering if anyone can help me with identifying the culprit. ___________Crash 1______________SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎24/‎03/‎2022 9:48 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  3. Hardware crash trying to identify culprit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware crash trying to identify culprit: Hi,I have recently been experienceing a lot of random hardware failures crashing my PC and im wondering if anyone can help me with identifying the culprit. ___________Crash 1______________SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎24/‎03/‎2022 9:48 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  4. camtasia studio crashes when I try to add clips to the timeline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camtasia studio crashes when I try to add clips to the timeline: hey guys, I have been using this program for two years on my two computers. Now when I try to add clips to the timeline it closes suddenly. and it happens on both of my computers. recently I installed onedrive on my computers. is it because of that? help me, please......
  5. Cannot Add Printer. Printers & Scanners Window Crashes When Trying to Add New Printer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Add Printer. Printers & Scanners Window Crashes When Trying to Add New Printer.: Under Printers & Scanners if I try to add a device the window will crash. In addition, under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, when pressing the add printer or device button a window pops up then disappears. Using Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909 Thanks for...
  6. Trying to add a new Outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add a new Outlook account: I am trying to add a new account but it is asking me for a verification code which it has sent to new account. However, I can’t enter a code because the email account doesn’t yet exist!! Hope this is clear. Hope someone can help. Many thanks...
  7. Expression Web 4 crashes when trying to add hyperlink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Expression Web 4 crashes when trying to add hyperlink: Expression Web 4 has worked fine with all until this week when following an upgrade it crashes when using the add hyperlink folder search dialogue box. works. Previously reported in community forum but locked for comments. This problem has now restarted! Rolling back an...
  8. add windows pro to my new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    add windows pro to my new hardware: can't seem to locate the product key to upgrade from windows 10 to windows pro on my new machine, can't find it on the order receipt from microsoft store purchase...
  9. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.: This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer. When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu the little pop-up box freezes as well as the desktop or file explorer. The only notable change I have noticed is that I...
  10. Systemsetting crash build 17134.345

in Windows 10 Customization
    Systemsetting crash build 17134.345: Hello, trying to open setting menu , I get the blue settings screen and then it closes. Here the register content (italian language): Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: SystemSettings.exe, versione: 10.0.17134.112, timestamp: 0x2a3c4e62 Nome del modulo che ha...