Windows 10: SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown

Discus and support SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gzt7d8, Mar 18, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown

This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off.

In some cases it will quickly list the applications still running but then it shuts them down and completes the action.

I searched for this and didn't find anything specific, so I'm looking to see if someone has any insight to this problem.

Thanks,

Greg

SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown [​IMG]

:)

gzt7d8, Mar 18, 2015

2. Application error on shutdown or restart

I have Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.10586 Build 10586.

On shutdown or restart I get the following error which prevents the continuation of the shutdown process - I must click on the OK button to finish shutting down/ restarting.

Plugin - container.exe - Application Error

Exception Breakpoint

(0x80000003) occurred in the application location

0x0000000073AEF178

Click on OK to terminate the program.

How can I get rid of this popup and allow my system to shut down/ restart?

Thanks,

Halimmehmed, Mar 18, 2015
  3. PFStubbs Win User
    Application error on shutdown or restart

Kalpana, thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions for a clean boot on the site link you provided. Unfortunately I got almost the same popup diagnostic when I tried to restart:

Plugin - container.exe - Application Error

Exception Breakpoint

(0x80000003) occurred in the application location

0x000000006906F178

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Location address is different but the results are the same.

Any more ideas? Thanks,

Pat

PFStubbs, Mar 18, 2015
  4. gzt7d8 Win User

I did a clean install of 10041 and it eliminated this problem.

gzt7d8, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Airbot Win User
    Have the same problem with that systemsettingsbroker.exe and explorer.exe, several programs not shutting down right away as well on shutdown. Installed the ISO over 9926. Guess I'll have to do a clean install here, as it's bugged from upgrading.

Airbot, Mar 24, 2015
  6. Kodi Win User
    I have that problem with explorer exe .
    It appeared with the auto update to 10041.
    I made an ISO from the ESD file formatted the drive and reinstalled, problem still there.
    Downloaded the official ISO Formatted and reinstalled.
    Problem still there

7. gzt7d8 Win User
    Well then, that is very odd. I would have expected a clean install should have fixed the problem. I didn't see many others with the same issue so figured it was an isolated case. Have you checked in the MS Community to see if others have posted the issue and/or found a fix?

gzt7d8, Mar 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

I had that after a clean install until I changed to a Microsoft account and installed my ASUS chipset, VGA and sound drivers.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown - Similar Threads - SystemSettingsBroker Error Restart

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error!

Reproducible SystemSettingsBroker stack overflow error!: I have no clue how to report bugs in Windows. Microsoft makes it exceedingly difficult to reach employees who know their stuff. My only hope is to get this post reported/escalated.Repro steps:Have a display enhancement - enabled monitor, like a laptop.sc start...
  6. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart: On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors. On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are multiple errors in computer management including the continually bedeviling DCOM errors. Windows 10 completely upgraded to latest...
  7. Windows 2004 memory error on shutdown and restart

Windows 2004 memory error on shutdown and restart: I have a Dell Inspiron 5680. It has windows in 2004. I can't rollback. some times when I restart or shutdown, it causes a BSOD. It only happens then. It only started with windows in 2004. I have run every test possible and all lead to my memory is ok, so what gives?...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  10. Error eplorer.exe, 0x00007FF72AFB8732 (shutdown or restart)

in Windows 10 Support
    Error eplorer.exe, 0x00007FF72AFB8732 (shutdown or restart): Hi people, my pc give me this error when i shutdown or restart its. How can i resolve? Thanks *Smile [img] This error is at 0x000000000000030 of memory, because the memory couldn't be written. 76074

Users found this page by searching for:

1. systemsettingsbroker.exe error

2. error at shutdown systemsettingsbroker.exe windows 10

3. systensettings broker shutdown

4. SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown,
  5. systemsettingsbroker.exe error on shutdown,
  6. system settings broker error on shutdown