Windows 10: SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10

Discus and support SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Samsung laptop with 2 hard drive partitions C and D. After I recently installed Windows 10 on the laptop, a folder named "SystemSoftware"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bayo7581, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Bayo7581 Win User

SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10

I have a Samsung laptop with 2 hard drive partitions C and D. After I recently installed Windows 10 on the laptop, a folder named "SystemSoftware" appeared on the D drive. The "SystemSoftware" folder contains a bunch of subfolders with names such as BASW-XXXXA.

Can I delete these files? Or are they required for Windows 10 to run? They take up a lot of disk space and I'm getting the message "disk 95% full".

I have tried searching the folder names but nothing comes up. Can I delete the files?

:)

Bayo7581, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 26, 2019
  4. SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10

1. SystemSoftware Folder Appears After Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SystemSoftware Folder Appears

2. wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation: So recently I did something wrong in my registry and I had to fully reinstall windows from a USB, Windows is normal except for the fact that No wifis appear, I have a TP-Link wifi adapter and when I connect it, it just appears in other devices as "USB2.0 WLAN" with no...
  3. wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation: So recently I did something wrong in my registry and I had to fully reinstall windows from a USB, Windows is normal except for the fact that No wifis appear, I have a TP-Link wifi adapter and when I connect it, it just appears in other devices as "USB2.0 WLAN" with no...
  4. wifis not appearing after windows fresh installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder keeps appearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps appearing after deletion: Hello, I've a question regarding to an folder i deleted several times but keeps appearing after i start up my device. what can i do to permantly delete this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Folders Appearance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Folders Appearance: I have been trying to make all folders appear the same. I want for all folders to have folder navigation on the left and the right side to always display files and folders to be in DETAIL view, where I can click on a file and see a preview of that file on the far right, but...
  7. Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fonts Appearing Garbled After Installing Update: Hi, I have an Alienware 17 R5. Some Windows Updates were installed on my device recently, and they seemed to have corrupted my Windows 10 system font. For instance, this is how some Start menu items appear for me. Microsoft Edge's fonts are all messed up as well (note how...
  8. Windows.old folder appears after first Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows.old folder appears after first Windows 10 update: Ricardo Quaresma đã đưa Bồ Đ o Nha dẫn trước ở phút 34, trước khi Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez gỡ hòa 3 phút trước giờ nghỉ. Hiệp 2 l sự lặp lại của 45 phút đầu tiên, với Cedric Soares ghi b n cho Bồ Đ o Nha ở phút 86 v ở phút bù giờ thứ nhất, Moreno gỡ hòa 2-2 cho Mexico....
  9. Windows.old folder appears after first Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows.old folder appears after first Windows 10 update: I bought a netbook earlier in the week and it came with Windows 10 pre installed. Everything was fine but during the first round of updates (one of which was named 'Windows Home' something or other) it restarted my PC and looked to be clean installing Windows 10, as if...
  10. folder appeared

in Windows 10 Support
    folder appeared: [img] Hello Everyone This folder ESP (F) (see attached) has just appeared on my file explorer, what is it and can it be deleted. Regards 70826