Windows 10: Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings"

Discus and support Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SystSystemssettings.exe will not open " all settings" so I can go to updates and other items in windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathleenVernon, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings"

SystSystemssettings.exe will not open " all settings" so I can go to updates and other items in windows.

:)

KathleenVernon, Jan 9, 2019

2. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 9, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings"

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings"

1. Systemssettings.exe will not open " all settings" - Similar Threads - Systemssettings exe open

2. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I know the first thing to do would normally be to adjust the internet security settings, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to those from...
  3. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I've seen people recommending to adjust your internet options, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to these options from the control...
  4. All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All .exe files blocked: "These files can't be opened. Your Internet security settings...: For a couple of days now, I've had this issue with my PC Win10. *Any* file I try to open, this message pops up. I've seen people recommending to adjust your internet options, but that did not fix the issue for me also, I had to navigate to these options from the control...
  5. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  6. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  7. All apps/programs .exe not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    All apps/programs .exe not opening: Hi! May someone help me please? Whenever I click a program/app to use, instead of opening it, its saying "click a new program to use, choose one from thee microsoft store" I can't open system restore to do a restore point but I can open Regestry editorr and I think it might...
  8. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  9. I can't open any .exe all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any .exe all of a sudden: When I attempt to open executable files they won't open and I get this error: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned[app name].Ink Application not found, or I get: "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" I tried editing the...
  10. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...