Windows 10: SysTray Redundant Icons

Discus and support SysTray Redundant Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Feb 20, 2021.

1. orealius Win User

SysTray Redundant Icons

I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the empty icons disappear. Just wondering why?
    SysTray Redundant Icons [​IMG]

:)

orealius, Feb 20, 2021

2. Onedrive icon keeps disappearing from the right corner systray - everytime I do a shut down or restart in Windows 10

Hello:

I am using Windows 10, and everytime I shut down my laptop or do a restart .... my Onedrive icon in the right corner systray disappears.

I am using Windows 10.

I believe I have the settings all correct .... to start Onedrive automatically when I sign into Windows.

I do have the steps to restore the icon each time ... but ... that is getting old and a nuisance.

Help and suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--Tom N.

Tom N 1957, Feb 20, 2021
  3. MikeWBL Win User
    ActiveSync no longer in SysTray

I now have one remaining issue. ActiveSync does not open automatically when I connect my phone via USB. This is despite the fact that I have a check in the box next to Open ActiveSync when my device connects (File/Connection Settings).

My "Work around" is to open ActveSync manually and then close the window and ActiveSync shows up white in the SysTray. I then connect my device via USB and ActiveSync opens up and eventually Syncs my device.

I can live with this but do you have any suggestions to avoid the step above?

MikeWBL, Feb 20, 2021
  4. SysTray Redundant Icons

Multiple Printer icons in systray for the same printer

With every printer update, I get another icon (now up to copy 6).

Have quit installing printer updates due to this condition.

Devices and Printers does not show all these copies, just the systray.

Windows 10 is the OS.

BradBuckner, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

SysTray Redundant Icons

1. SysTray Redundant Icons - Similar Threads - SysTray Redundant Icons

2. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  3. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  4. How to get the Windows Security icon to show in Systray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the Windows Security icon to show in Systray?: Some of my Windows 11 computers show the Windows Security icon in the Systray and other don't. How do I get it to appear in the Systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-the-windows-security-icon-to-show-in/c81c185a-e78a-4947-873d-3d62156b4a14
  5. How to get back pointer properties icon in systray?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get back pointer properties icon in systray?: In Windows 8.1 I ad an icon in the systray which would open the pointer properties dialog (the dialog which is misnamed mouse properties), which also include useful settings like choice of displayed cursor and trackpad sensitivity. In Windows 10 I can't find a way to get this...
  6. Intel rapid storage technology - systray icon hide

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel rapid storage technology - systray icon hide: I need to hide Intel rapid storage technology - systray icon during SCCM Task Sequence and wondering if it can be done via registry at all? It is possible to start the program and choose hide from there, but can it be done via registry?...
  7. Connected to the internet via wifi but the systray icon is a globe.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to the internet via wifi but the systray icon is a globe.: submitted by /u/Fake_SubZero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exrt7v/connected_to_the_internet_via_wifi_but_the/
  8. how to get rid of these redundant icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of these redundant icons: Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle ( I can go to the icon properties and assign a generic one from Windows ) but I want to try to fix it. What annoys me even...
  9. Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection icon in systray not displaying connections when clicked: My assistant in the other room accidentally unplugged the router and I lost connection. I told her to plug back in. I clicked the correct connection when it appeared, but I did it too soon. From that point on, when I clicked the systray icon, nothing happened...no display of...
  10. Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons: How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry? [img] 20857