Windows 10: syswow64 folder

Discus and support syswow64 folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help. Windows 10 64bit 25813 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015.

1. dbvoss Win User

syswow64 folder

Hi ,
    My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help.

Windows 10 64bit

:)

dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015

2. SysWOW64\Sens.dll

The system file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Sens.dll which exists in Windows 7 does not exist in Windows 10.

Why does the file not exist in SysWOW64 folder in Windows 10 anymore?

Are there any expected problems in the case of copying the Windows7 SysWOW64\Sens.dll to Windows 10 SysWOW64 folder and using the file?

JungHwa_Kim, Oct 9, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. f14tomcat Win User

syswow64 folder

What do you mean, specifically, "opens on it's own". Does an app run? Does the explorer window just pop up? and update your system specs..... makes it easier to help. *Smile

f14tomcat, Oct 9, 2015
  5. dbvoss Win User
    The explorer window pops up

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6300 21 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-UD3P (CPU 1) 33 °C
    Graphics
    273ELH (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ATI AIB) 38 °C
    Storage
    238GB SanDisk SDSSDHP256G (SSD) 30 °C
    698GB Western Digital WDC WD7500AALX-009BA0 (SATA) 27 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device
    Audio
    SB Audigy

dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Check this, if you have it selected, it may be the issue.
    syswow64 folder [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

syswow64 folder

1. syswow64 folder - Similar Threads - syswow64 folder

2. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?: I don't have much of a knowledge base on the inner workings of Windows 10, but I saw that System32 and SysWOW64 folders have mostly the same files, is this intended and okay? I didn't browse the entire folders because they're so big, but the stark difference I saw was that...
  3. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?: I don't have much of a knowledge base on the inner workings of Windows 10, but I saw that System32 and SysWOW64 folders have mostly the same files, is this intended and okay? I didn't browse the entire folders because they're so big, but the stark difference I saw was that...
  4. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder detected as virus, but removing it causes installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder detected as virus, but removing it causes installation...: Windows Defender has detected the msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder as a virus. I followed the procedure to remove it from the computer, but because it's gone, the computer cannot complete installation process anymore. I submitted it to Microsoft Security Intelligence, thinking...
  6. msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder detected as virus, but removing it causes installation...

msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder detected as virus, but removing it causes installation...: Windows Defender has detected the msiexec.exe in SYSWOW64 folder as a virus. I followed the procedure to remove it from the computer, but because it's gone, the computer cannot complete installation process anymore. I submitted it to Microsoft Security Intelligence, thinking...
  7. Syswow64 folder keeps growing in Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syswow64 folder keeps growing in Windows Server 2022: Hi,Every 1 or 2 minutes the syswow64 keeps growing with appr 50MB many files of 1,33 MBIs this normal behavior as our C: drive is running out of its capacity.We are running Windows Server 2022.Thx for any response....
  8. Syswow64 folder keeps growing in Windows Server 2022

Syswow64 folder keeps growing in Windows Server 2022: Hi,Every 1 or 2 minutes the syswow64 keeps growing with appr 50MB many files of 1,33 MBIs this normal behavior as our C: drive is running out of its capacity.We are running Windows Server 2022.Thx for any response....
  9. Syswow64 folder keeps growing in Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Is it safe to to stop the SysWOW64 folder from running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to to stop the SysWOW64 folder from running?: I'm trying to repair and replace old files in my SysWOW64 folder but I'm getting the message "Folder in Use", am I able to stop it from running for a few minutes while I replace some files, or will my computer stop working? submitted by /u/Wyvernshark_ [link] [comments]...