Windows 10: syswow64 folder

Discus and support syswow64 folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help. Windows 10 64bit 25813 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015.

1. dbvoss Win User

syswow64 folder

Hi ,
    My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help.

Windows 10 64bit

:)

dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015

2. SysWOW64\Sens.dll

The system file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Sens.dll which exists in Windows 7 does not exist in Windows 10.

Why does the file not exist in SysWOW64 folder in Windows 10 anymore?

Are there any expected problems in the case of copying the Windows7 SysWOW64\Sens.dll to Windows 10 SysWOW64 folder and using the file?

JungHwa_Kim, Oct 9, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. f14tomcat Win User

syswow64 folder

What do you mean, specifically, "opens on it's own". Does an app run? Does the explorer window just pop up? and update your system specs..... makes it easier to help. *Smile

f14tomcat, Oct 9, 2015
  5. dbvoss Win User
    The explorer window pops up

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6300 21 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-UD3P (CPU 1) 33 °C
    Graphics
    273ELH (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ATI AIB) 38 °C
    Storage
    238GB SanDisk SDSSDHP256G (SSD) 30 °C
    698GB Western Digital WDC WD7500AALX-009BA0 (SATA) 27 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device
    Audio
    SB Audigy

dbvoss, Oct 9, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Check this, if you have it selected, it may be the issue.
    syswow64 folder [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

syswow64 folder

1. syswow64 folder - Similar Threads - syswow64 folder

2. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  3. Missing SysWOW64 code.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing SysWOW64 code.: i add a code to SysWOW64 and valadated it in cmd. Prompt all ok. But I can not see it in Development / Insert and tools. it is in C/windows/SysWOW file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-syswow64-code/832084f2-04e4-4e4c-8f5a-b9a70549cc8e
  4. Unknown file in Windows/SysWow64 directory. Is my PC hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown file in Windows/SysWow64 directory. Is my PC hacked?: I am running on latest Windows 10 Home Version. When I ran Norton Power Eraser, it identified a file named "nddcf.cmd" in the directory C://Windows/SysWow64/. No anti-virus detected it Kaspersky, MalwareBytes, ESET. However, when I ran Norton Power User, its threat level as...
  5. Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll': I run a C++ project on Visual Studio 2019, but it show the error "Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll'". I don't know this error is due to Windowsmy laptop run on Windows 10 or Visual Studio. I reinstall Visual many times but it still exists. Please give a solution....
  6. sysWOW64 driver file causing blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sysWOW64 driver file causing blue screen: Whenever I try to play a certain game my computer blue screens with a system exception error that says it's caused by x6va063 and sometimes x6va067. I've located these files in the sysWOW64 folder, but I do not know where they are from, what they are for, and how to fix it if...
  7. SysWOW64 a virus?

SysWOW64 a virus?: Recently, my pc was misbehaving a lot. Taking lot of time booting and starting apps. Freezing time to time etc. So I reset my PC completely. Now, I'm reinstalling all my apps. My anti virus app while scanning the PC gave a lot of warnings regarding files in SysWOW64 folder. I...
  8. SysWow64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SysWow64: hey.I am using windows 10 32-bit os.I want find syswow64 but it is not in C/Windows.Please help me to find it or download that file. Thanks, Kavira Ratnayake https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syswow64/e596cbcb-65ca-4095-a476-11251d2bee8d
  9. Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you been using Windows OS for some time, I am sure you must have seen this System32 folder. However, If you are on a 64-bit PC, you must have noticed that there are two folders in your C:\Windows directory. The first [...] This post Difference between...
  10. Does 'svchost.exe' being in the 'SysWOW64' folder, constitute a Virus?

Does 'svchost.exe' being in the 'SysWOW64' folder, constitute a Virus?: I have read at multiple places that the file 'svchost.exe' should only be in the 'System32' folder. I searched my PC and this file is also present in the 'SysWOW64' folder. Does this mean that there is a virus/malware? Note:- I have also read at wikipedia that this file has...