Windows 10: SysWOW64

Discus and support SysWOW64 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So someone told me online that microsoft puts virus on Windows NT Versions that antivirus cant detect its SysWOW64 i found that file i was gonna delete... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Laurence Jett Andaya, Oct 12, 2020.

1. SysWOW64

So someone told me online that microsoft puts virus on Windows NT Versions that antivirus cant detect its SysWOW64 i found that file i was gonna delete it until i noticed its on the Windows C: Folder is it really a virus or just another troll?

Im on Windows 8 Enterprise The original Windows 8 from 2012

:)

Laurence Jett Andaya, Oct 12, 2020

2. SysWOW64

The name is ashampoo Anti-virus and i actually got 4 virusses from SysWOW64 : C:\windows\SysWOW64\proquota.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\iexpress.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\cttune.exe

C:\windows\SysWOW64\bthuftask.exe

and there is sime other thing maybe related to syswow : C:\windows\softwareDistribution\download\06b35beae3bef6f889c9859c80e and i couldnt read it any further but in the name it sais gen.trojan.heur

AlexVan den Broek, Oct 12, 2020
  3. KerryNash Win User
    C:\Windows\SysWow64

Thanks for the response Dave. I ran the program and thought I was lucky when I found the Adobe Flash updater linked to that. I unchecked it and thought just to be safe, I'd keep looking down the list only to find many, many more including many what looked
    like system files along with others. There are these that are checked also.

_Wow64 File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64.dll

_Wow64cpu File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64cpu.dll

_Wow64win File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64win.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wowarmhw.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wowarmhw.dll

There is one like this that looks valid- _Wow64cpu c:\windows\syswow64\wow64cpu.dll

With all of the ones I found, I hesitate to disable them without knowing what I'm doing. If an entry says "file not found" and is active, would it be safe to disable those?

Thanks

KerryNash, Oct 12, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User
Thema:

SysWOW64

1. SysWOW64 - Similar Threads - SysWOW64

2. By mistakely I deleted some system 32 files i think i also deleted syswow64 some files too...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By mistakely I deleted some system 32 files i think i also deleted syswow64 some files too...: Pls help with this! My laptop isnt working properly search bar isnt working as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistakely-i-deleted-some-system-32-files-i/1ebf0eaa-9fe3-4a65-8456-84884d3d341c
  3. By mistakely I deleted some system 32 files i think i also deleted syswow64 some files too...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    By mistakely I deleted some system 32 files i think i also deleted syswow64 some files too...: Pls help with this! My laptop isnt working properly search bar isnt working as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistakely-i-deleted-some-system-32-files-i/1ebf0eaa-9fe3-4a65-8456-84884d3d341c
  4. Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473: Hello,I'm trying to install Aspen One Engineering V12 on my Windows 11 and i am getting this error.I want to resolve this issue as soon as possible because I need this for my study purpose.With regards, Pavan...
  5. Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473

Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473: Hello,I'm trying to install Aspen One Engineering V12 on my Windows 11 and i am getting this error.I want to resolve this issue as soon as possible because I need this for my study purpose.With regards, Pavan...
  6. hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...: i dont know what should i write https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-need-syswow64-file-for-win-7-and-only-for/aa3b6c3d-cc5a-44c2-aa06-6932c4b5c123
  7. hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...

hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...: i dont know what should i write https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-need-syswow64-file-for-win-7-and-only-for/aa3b6c3d-cc5a-44c2-aa06-6932c4b5c123
  8. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore: to Properties of c:\windows\syswow64\idapi32.dll shows the security warning thar the file came from another computer Whe ticking the Unblock the message apears: Too many post were made to a semaphore...
  9. Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unblock a .DLL in syswow64: Too many post were made to a semaphore: to Properties of c:\windows\syswow64\idapi32.dll shows the security warning thar the file came from another computer Whe ticking the Unblock the message apears: Too many post were made to a semaphore...
  10. Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\\pid.dll; source file in store...

Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\\pid.dll; source file in store...: Enter These cmd text in your cmd administrator to fix the issue :-1 Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:2 dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth3 dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth4 sfc /scannow5 chkdsk /scanHope it helps.Regards,Abhay...