Windows 10: Tab and left CTRL not working

Discus and support Tab and left CTRL not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lolavi, Nov 25, 2021.

1. lolavi Win User

Tab and left CTRL not working

I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris so I don't think its a hardware issue. All other keys work fine. I have tried- RestartingRe installing drivesAll the combinations of press crl twice or windows key and alt 009 etc TeamViewer is not running Turning sticky keys on or offI don't have an external keyboard to plug in to check the differenceThanks

:)

lolavi, Nov 25, 2021

2. left ctrl + tab not working but right ctrl + tab works

Hi, my left ctrl + tab not working but right ctrl + tab works. I am using Windows 10.

Would anyone please advice on how to solve this issue? Thanks!

MeliaWinata, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Ctrl+tab not working

The Ctrl+tab function is not working to tab within a table on my powerpoint when I remote access into my work computer.

Michelle571, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Tab and left CTRL not working - Similar Threads - Tab left CTRL

2. left Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left Ctrl key not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc. with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  3. left Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left Ctrl key not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc. with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  4. Left CTRL key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left CTRL key doesn't work: On my Windows 10 Pro the left CTRL key doesn't work.For example, hitting CTRL+F on my browser to lunch "Find in page" doesn't do anything. BUT the right CTRL key works fine. Same for other functions such as CTRL+C and CTRL+V - they work just fine only with the right CTRL and...
  5. Left CTRL key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left CTRL key doesn't work: On my Windows 10 Pro the left CTRL key doesn't work.For example, hitting CTRL+F on my browser to lunch "Find in page" doesn't do anything. BUT the right CTRL key works fine. Same for other functions such as CTRL+C and CTRL+V - they work just fine only with the right CTRL and...
  6. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  7. Tab and left CTRL not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab and left CTRL not working: I have had this problem persist for a few months now so restarting the computer or updating windows is not the answer. My left CTRL key and Tab key on my HP Envy 360 stopped working suddenly. The laptop is less than a year old and I have removed the keys to check for debris...
  8. tab and left ctrl keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab and left ctrl keys stopped working: hello microsoft answers, today both my tab key and left ctrl key randomly stopped working. every other key works fine except for those two, coincidentally my 2 most used keys. ive tried searching online for answers but they keep giving me solutions for the tab + left ctrl...
  9. Left CTRL key not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Left CTRL key not working properly: Ever since I left the insiders build of windows (because I got sick of bugs and constant updates) and completely reinstalled windows to the latest stable version, the left control key won't work 100% of the time. The right one works just fine, and I've seen multiple threads...
  10. left Alt-Tab not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    left Alt-Tab not working?: For some reason my Alt-Tab has changed from the left Alt working with it, to only working with the right Alt button? My keyboard does not seem to be the issue. Ctrl+Alt+Delete works perfectly fine it seems. No idea what the fix to this would be. submitted by /u/dmncc...