Windows 10: Tab icons missing.

Discus and support Tab icons missing. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, May 3, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Tab icons missing.

Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Tab icons missing. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, May 3, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2019
  3. Missing "Open Tab" icon in Windows 10.

Hello Emily,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand that you have missing “Open Tab” icon on your task bar and wish to get it back.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• On which taskbar are you not able to find the “Open Tab” option (desktop taskbar or browser taskbar)?

• If you are unable to find “Open Tab” icon on a browser, on which browser are you not able to find the icon?

Write to us with the answers to the above questions on the same post for further assistance on the above query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 3, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Tab icons missing.

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Tab icons missing.

1. Tab icons missing. - Similar Threads - Tab icons missing

2. Security Tab Missing on Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Tab Missing on Folders: Good day, I was installing a game and need to patch it so that it would work on windows 10 but a patch won't be applied unless I access the security tab to change the permission to full control. What to do ?...
  3. Missing Power Management Tab

Missing Power Management Tab: I have a ACEPC GK2 pc. Windows 10 Home. And it is up to date as of today. This pc has a Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller. Since there no Power Management tab in the controller properties, I am unable to setup Wol on this PC. Why is it missing? Thanks....
  4. Icons are missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are missing.: When I booted up my pc this morning, I seen that some of my applications icons are missing. But they are only missing from start menu not on desktop. Start menu showing all applications but on some applications it is only showing name not the icon. Applications are working...
  5. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  6. Performance Tab on gamebar is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Tab on gamebar is missing: Hello when i update to october 2018 today and when launch any game then press windows + G the gamebar panel opens up but missing the performance tab! where i can toggle dedicate resources on and off. what should i do to fix this pls help ty! [ATTACH]...
  7. Sharing tab missing in properties

Sharing tab missing in properties: I have Win 10 Home 64 bit. In my Win 7 there used to be a Share tab in file properties. In my Win 10 this tab is missing in properties. Any help in recovering it would be appreciated. As additional information, I am the sole user of the PC with only the one account that...
  8. Sound enhancement tab is missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound enhancement tab is missing?: Ive recently upgraded my logitech headset drivers and noticed the sound enhancement tab is gone. anyone knows how to bring it back without going back drivers which i dont seem to find anymore? 26909
  9. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...
  10. Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer: If I single click the network tab (so it's not fully opened like below) I can see the items. But when it's fully opened they're missing. Not sure why. [img] 62046