Windows 10: Tab icons missing.

Discus and support Tab icons missing. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, May 3, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Tab icons missing.

Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Tab icons missing. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, May 3, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2019
  3. Missing "Open Tab" icon in Windows 10.

Hello Emily,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand that you have missing “Open Tab” icon on your task bar and wish to get it back.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• On which taskbar are you not able to find the “Open Tab” option (desktop taskbar or browser taskbar)?

• If you are unable to find “Open Tab” icon on a browser, on which browser are you not able to find the icon?

Write to us with the answers to the above questions on the same post for further assistance on the above query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 3, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Tab icons missing.

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Tab icons missing.

1. Tab icons missing. - Similar Threads - Tab icons missing

2. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  3. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  4. Tabs in settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabs in settings are missing.: This is all I get, and if I go into system, it shows sound and clipboard, thats it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabs-in-settings-are-missing/39e7ecaa-d49d-43a3-ad14-ca0a9cf9b364
  5. Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Texts on Files/Folder/Icons and Chrome Tabs Are Missing: Hello. I turned on my Acer Aspire laptop today which usually takes time to boot and found out that the icons on my desktop screen are missing. Furthermore, text on the Chrome tabs are gone too. I couldn't run command prompt or the registry as it just opens as white screen...
  6. Tabs gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs gone missing: Hi, The tabs on some of the programs sometime is gone sometimes Explorer, Office apps, and Chrome. This happens to me many times already, on my desktop and also Surface Book 2. See below example happening to Chrome: [ATTACH] If I click on anything on the missing...
  7. Icons missing, windows tab unresponsive and task manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons missing, windows tab unresponsive and task manager not working: After restarting my laptop all icons have disappeared and i’m unable to select the windows tab or start task manager. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-windows-tab-unresponsive-and-task/81dac955-a4a0-4422-b57b-ad051f5ec429
  8. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  9. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...
  10. Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer: If I single click the network tab (so it's not fully opened like below) I can see the items. But when it's fully opened they're missing. Not sure why. [img] 62046