Windows 10: Tab key acting as D

Discus and support Tab key acting as D in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So whenever i press tab it might act either as tab or the D key which is really annoying in games where you use tab. Any way to prevent this? Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inigo313, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Inigo313 Win User

Tab key acting as D

So whenever i press tab it might act either as tab or the D key which is really annoying in games where you use tab. Any way to prevent this?
    Also, using a swedish forged keyboard and my keyboard type is swedish

:)

Inigo313, Jun 2, 2020

2. Tab Key is acting really weird.

Hello.

So i have done something on my keyboard and now i do not know how to change it back.

Basically when i hold down my tab key its acting as i would keep pressing it over and over.

I would really appreciate a solution to this.

Dominik_123, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Tab key acting as D

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Tab key acting as D

1. Tab key acting as D - Similar Threads - Tab key acting

2. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  3. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  4. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. alt key acting as m key

alt key acting as m key: My keyboard was working fine now the m key is acting is if im pressing the alt key. The only way i can get the letter is by using the on screen keyboard. Please someone help...
  6. Keys are Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are Acting Weird: When I am typing, certain key combinations act strange. When you type and you are holding down one key then press another, the second key you press shows up. Hold down t and hit y, you will get "ty" However, when I try this with q and w it doesn't work. If I'm holding q, I...
  7. Keys are Acting Weird

Keys are Acting Weird: When I am typing, certain key combinations act strange. When you type and you are holding down one key then press another, the second key you press shows up. Hold down t and hit y, you will get "ty" However, when I try this with q and w it doesn't work. If I'm holding q, I...
  8. Alt+Tab acting flaky

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab acting flaky: So my Alt-Tab is possessed or something. Usually it works fine, but periodically, it decides that when I open the menu with Alt+Tab, sometimes it will scroll one way through open windows, and sometimes the other way. This isn't a huge deal, but the bigger issue is that...
  9. Tab Key is acting really weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tab Key is acting really weird.: Hello. So i have done something on my keyboard and now i do not know how to change it back. Basically when i hold down my tab key its acting as i would keep pressing it over and over. I would really appreciate a solution to this....
  10. Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?: I can't click on anything or type anything because it's as if the tab key is stuck. It's constantly flickering between selection of various buttons, and I can't do anything. My tab key is physically fine. It only does this in default Windows apps such as Sticky Notes, Photos,...