Windows 10: Tab key no longer working

Discus and support Tab key no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My HP computer went through a Windows update last night. Now, the Tab key no longer works. It doe not work for my physical keyboard and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Davidson jdavidson, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Tab key no longer working

Hello,

My HP computer went through a Windows update last night. Now, the Tab key no longer works. It doe not work for my physical keyboard and it also does not work for the on screen keyboard when I pull that up and try that. Running trouble shooter found no problems.

Thanks,

John

:)

John Davidson jdavidson, Dec 11, 2020

2. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Dec 11, 2020
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Tab key no longer working

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Tab key no longer working

1. Tab key no longer working - Similar Threads - Tab key longer

2. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  3. Windows key no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key no longer working: i just upgraded some components on my pc motherboard, cpu + rams, after i had done that i decided that i would upgrade to windows 11 but i made the mistake of formatting my pc and then loading windows 11 from a media tool instead of an upgrade.now whenever i do try activating...
  4. TAB Key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    TAB Key not working: Hello I recently was switching out keys for my keyboard and for some reason my TAB key was set to qwerty[. My guess is that since I my keyboard was plugged while I was inputting new switches it somehow change the settings for my keyboard and now my TAB key is layed out as...
  5. Windows Key is No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key is No Longer Working: The other day I was bouncing back and forth between the game I was playing and YouTube, at some point I brought up a menu that showed key control settings; Like which key did what. I'm not sure if it was hot keys or what, I looked at the screen briefly and don't know what I...
  6. Function keys no longer working

Function keys no longer working: Hello...got a Microsoft request to upgrade my os Windows 10 as it was soon to become outdated. Did that yesterday and since then none of the function keys on my laptop HP Envy work at all. This is very frustrating, especially given the need to adjust volume levels during...
  7. Tab key not working

Tab key not working: Tab key doesn't work at all even if i plug in a different keyboard that i know has a functioning tab key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-key-not-working/1160554c-0d5a-4139-bca9-aafa57290d6a
  8. Tab key is not working properly

Tab key is not working properly: Keyboard and tab key are working fine, but tab is acting differently. I guess i might have changed some setting through some short cut, since i did not explicitly change any setting with the GUI. Set focus with mouse to the text box and pressing tab in terminal's vim, word,...
  9. Registration key no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registration key no longer works: I bought a download license of Windows 10 some time ago. The laptop on which it was installed crashed, and I had to replace the hard drive. Now that I am trying to re-install I get told that my registration key is invalid and I have to buy a new genuine license. Telephone...
  10. "z" key no longer works

"z" key no longer works: My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to my other computer and the "z" key works but on my main computer it does not. I noticed that I can use it at the login menu...