Windows 10: TAB key not working - detailed question

Discus and support TAB key not working - detailed question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello So I bought new Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard and it worked perfect until windows update week later. After this update TAB key stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raijinmaru, Aug 31, 2020.

1. TAB key not working - detailed question

Hello

So I bought new Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard and it worked perfect until windows update week later. After this update TAB key stopped working.

I have looked after few solutions like "ALT+0,0,9" - "Ctrl+1", but nothing had helped.

Drivers are all updated with original Razer program, and in device manager. I also have launched OSK onScreenKeyboard but the TAB key also doesn't work there.

So I have tried building macro for the TAB key with shift+TAB and it kind of worked.

mostly bad, now the TAB key shift cells backwards and in games it shows stats but it blocks so you have to cancel it with an ESC still talking about SHIFT+TAB combination.

I thoug about connecting keyboard to other PC and it works perfectly, so i suppose it's pure Windows settings fault drivers are newest and correctly installed few times for shure.

Would any of you have an solution for this? It is really annoying to work or play games without TAB key.......

:)

Raijinmaru, Aug 31, 2020

2. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

TAB key not working - detailed question

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

Thema:

TAB key not working - detailed question

1. TAB key not working - detailed question - Similar Threads - TAB key working

2. No details tab on file properities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No details tab on file properities: I dont have a details tab on any of my files on win 11, is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-details-tab-on-file-properities/4504ce5d-82f3-4f5b-947f-4dab00175ab6
  3. No details tab on file properities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No details tab on file properities: I dont have a details tab on any of my files on win 11, is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-details-tab-on-file-properities/4504ce5d-82f3-4f5b-947f-4dab00175ab6
  4. My Question is at the Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Question is at the Details: Hi there I found my old Acer laptop that running Windows 7 when I try to upgrade to Windows 10 there is a error code is 0x80072F8F-0x20000 I hope anyone can help me because I wanted to give this to my brother....
  5. My Question is at the Details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Question is at the Details: Hi there I found my old Acer laptop that running Windows 7 when I try to upgrade to Windows 10 there is a error code is 0x80072F8F-0x20000 I hope anyone can help me because I wanted to give this to my brother....
  6. TAB Key not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    TAB Key not working: Hello I recently was switching out keys for my keyboard and for some reason my TAB key was set to qwerty[. My guess is that since I my keyboard was plugged while I was inputting new switches it somehow change the settings for my keyboard and now my TAB key is layed out as...
  7. Tab key no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tab key no longer working: Hello, My HP computer went through a Windows update last night. Now, the Tab key no longer works. It doe not work for my physical keyboard and it also does not work for the on screen keyboard when I pull that up and try that. Running trouble shooter found no problems....
  8. Tab key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tab key not working: Tab key doesn't work at all even if i plug in a different keyboard that i know has a functioning tab key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-key-not-working/1160554c-0d5a-4139-bca9-aafa57290d6a
  9. Detail tabs defaults

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Detail tabs defaults: Hey everyone! I am an audio engineer and I find really annoying that when in list mode Windows automatically defaults the detail tabs to "Contributing artist, #, Album, etc...". Is there any way to permanently change this to something more useful, say "Date modified"...
  10. Tab key is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tab key is not working properly: Keyboard and tab key are working fine, but tab is acting differently. I guess i might have changed some setting through some short cut, since i did not explicitly change any setting with the GUI. Set focus with mouse to the text box and pressing tab in terminal's vim, word,...