Windows 10: Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish

Discus and support Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I know this is not necessary a "Windows" problem, but I was hoping that anyone here would have some suggestions on what I could do next. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by W.C. Blitzy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish

Hey

I know this is not necessary a "Windows" problem, but I was hoping that anyone here would have some suggestions on what I could do next.

The issue is, 2 nights ago, from what seems out of nowhere, the right side of my tab key, was like stuck and wouldn't push down. The center and left side were fine.

So I looked up what to do and came to the conclusion that I should take the key off and look inside.

Did that yesterday and after a bit of cleaning, and whatnot, I put the keycap back on and it presses down slightly better, but now there's like a distinct difference when I press TAB and the other keys. Also, sometimes my laptop doesn't register that I've pressed TAB. I have to press it a few times before it picks up

Do y'all have any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks for reading this and have a good day Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish :D

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Apr 20, 2020

2. Asus Laptop stuck on aptio

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    • Select ' Advanced Options'.
    • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.
    Also, I suggest you to refer the below thread:

Help! Stuck in Asus Aptio Setup Utility, after restarting the system screen turns black with one white underscore flashing

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Asus laptop stuck on aptio setup screen

Asus laptop stuck on aptio setup utility screen. Ive done everything that’s been suggested with the Boot and Security but it still won’t work!!!

LeighCubbon, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish

Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish

1. Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish - Similar Threads - Tab key asus

2. My asus laptop is stuck on 500%ZOOM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My asus laptop is stuck on 500%ZOOM: My computer Is on 500% zoom and has rhe 2 black rectangles like old tvs so i cant get into the display menu can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-is-stuck-on-500zoom/c494805d-bbc7-4c00-a574-a691598ad995
  3. My asus laptop is stuck on 500%ZOOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My asus laptop is stuck on 500%ZOOM: My computer Is on 500% zoom and has rhe 2 black rectangles like old tvs so i cant get into the display menu can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-laptop-is-stuck-on-500zoom/c494805d-bbc7-4c00-a574-a691598ad995
  4. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  5. Tab key stuck?

Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  6. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Tab key is stuck but only in browsers

Tab key is stuck but only in browsers: So I'm currently using opera GX, but it doesn't matter, so the problem is that every time I switch tabs, it is like the tab button is stuck, but this only happens to the tab and not the website itself. I tried a couple of solutions like updating the drivers, but nothing...
  8. tab key stuck/held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab key stuck/held down: so I just got a new keyboard not too long ago, and its going really good, except for the tab key, the tab key is always held down/stuck and I don't have any idea why. I am not holding the key and it just keeps on going, this only happens in the search bar for windows and any...
  9. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab key stuck?: Hi, So I've never had this issue until now, But When I hit Windows key + G to open my Overlay to see my Xbox friend etc, I can see a highlight on icons and it keeps scrolling from left to right like I'm holding down Tab, Also if I try to type in Windows search it keeps...
  10. ON MY LAPTOP WHICH IS THE TAB KEY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ON MY LAPTOP WHICH IS THE TAB KEY: ON MY LAPTOP WHICH IS THE TAB KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/on-my-laptop-which-is-the-tab-key/e9a24242-0e30-4832-9b38-11f5b2d08236