Windows 10: tab key stuck/held down

Discus and support tab key stuck/held down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I just got a new keyboard not too long ago, and its going really good, except for the tab key, the tab key is always held down/stuck and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle_., Mar 4, 2021.

1. Kyle_. Win User

tab key stuck/held down

so I just got a new keyboard not too long ago, and its going really good, except for the tab key, the tab key is always held down/stuck and I don't have any idea why. I am not holding the key and it just keeps on going, this only happens in the search bar for windows and any windows programs settings, control panel. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an external thing, but it might be my computer acting up. Please help.

:)

Kyle_., Mar 4, 2021

2. Control key held down

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur only while using the Microsoft Office Suite?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

Check if the Sticky Keys and Toggle keys are turned on. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Ease of Access.
    • Click on Keyboard tab.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys and Toggle keys.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

tab key stuck/held down

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

tab key stuck/held down

1. tab key stuck/held down - Similar Threads - tab key stuck

2. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  3. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys spamming while held down: My keyboard is typing same key twice when held downalso.. the special keys alt,ctrl,win spams when i try to hold it down for shortcuts.and this is the scene for only my PC.. in my laptop, it works totally fine..i tried most of the things.. like deleting the driver and...
  4. keys spamming while held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  6. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down: On certain MS applications such as mail or settings, I have an issue that is kind of hard to explain. Some examples are not being able to press the sleep button from the windows menu - it flashes grey as if it is being selected repeatedly by pressing the tab key. Another...
  7. Windows 10 thinks that keys TAB is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  9. Arrow key being held down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow key being held down?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mordred0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsrrvl/arrow_key_being_held_down/
  10. ALT Key is Virtually Held Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALT Key is Virtually Held Down: So about a week ago, I noticed that my keyboard started acting strange. For the record, I'm using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, but that doesn't matter because this happens on all keyboards that i've tried. The problem is, whenever I press the Windows key and the Alt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer acts like tab key is stuck