Windows 10: Tab key stuck?

Discus and support Tab key stuck? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I've never had this issue until now, But When I hit Windows key + G to open my Overlay to see my Xbox friend etc, I can see a highlight on icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajdrig, Jun 24, 2020.

1. ajdrig Win User

Tab key stuck?

Hi, So I've never had this issue until now, But When I hit Windows key + G to open my Overlay to see my Xbox friend etc, I can see a highlight on icons and it keeps scrolling from left to right like I'm holding down Tab, Also if I try to type in Windows search it keeps tabbing yet the key isn't pressed and it doesn't do this on my web browser, It only does it on Windows search and the Windows overlay, And it's driving me bonkers!

I've tried unplugging the keyboard, Doesn't help, Tried my Xbox controller, No go, Tried on screen keyboard, Nope, Tried updating keyboard drivers but they were good, I have sticky keys disabled, So I have no clue what the hell is wrong with this thing lol.

:)

ajdrig, Jun 24, 2020

2. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Tab key stuck?

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Tab key stuck?

1. Tab key stuck? - Similar Threads - Tab key stuck

2. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  3. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  4. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Tab key is stuck but only in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key is stuck but only in browsers: So I'm currently using opera GX, but it doesn't matter, so the problem is that every time I switch tabs, it is like the tab button is stuck, but this only happens to the tab and not the website itself. I tried a couple of solutions like updating the drivers, but nothing...
  6. Tab key is stuck but only in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab key is stuck but only in browsers: So I'm currently using opera GX, but it doesn't matter, so the problem is that every time I switch tabs, it is like the tab button is stuck, but this only happens to the tab and not the website itself. I tried a couple of solutions like updating the drivers, but nothing...
  7. tab key stuck/held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab key stuck/held down: so I just got a new keyboard not too long ago, and its going really good, except for the tab key, the tab key is always held down/stuck and I don't have any idea why. I am not holding the key and it just keeps on going, this only happens in the search bar for windows and any...
  8. Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows thinking tab key is stuck, but it isn't: I have no idea what this would be called but I've never heard of this happening, and it's stopping me from using the majority of apps on my computer and I have no clue how to fix it. One random day after starting my pc, random apps aren't working. You know how when you press...
  9. Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab key on my asus laptop is stuck..ish: Hey I know this is not necessary a "Windows" problem, but I was hoping that anyone here would have some suggestions on what I could do next. The issue is, 2 nights ago, from what seems out of nowhere, the right side of my tab key, was like stuck and wouldn't push down....
  10. Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?: I can't click on anything or type anything because it's as if the tab key is stuck. It's constantly flickering between selection of various buttons, and I can't do anything. My tab key is physically fine. It only does this in default Windows apps such as Sticky Notes, Photos,...