Windows 10: Tabbed file explorer solution?

Discus and support Tabbed file explorer solution? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I love tabs! I don't love that Windows 10 never released their Explorer tabs update though. Does anyone have a good solution for getting tabs? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tarpaulinator, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Tabbed file explorer solution?

I love tabs!

I don't love that Windows 10 never released their Explorer tabs update though.

Does anyone have a good solution for getting tabs?

I'm open to either an add-on for the regular file explorer like Clover, TidyTabs, etc. or a whole separate program that can function as a file explorer alternative.

It just seems that with apps like Groupy and TidyTabs, they either don't have middle click to open a folder in a new tab or the solution just seems a little bit half assed unfortunately.

I used to use QTTABbar, but for some reason ever since I got my new comp QTTABbar just doesn't work.

Then I switched over to XYplorer and while it's nice and has a lot of features. It's also missing a smart solution for favorites. I know it has the folder but I'd rather have something like Quick Access.

Sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/Tarpaulinator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tarpaulinator, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Tabbed file explorer solution?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Tabbed file explorer solution?

1. Tabbed file explorer solution? - Similar Threads - Tabbed file explorer

2. File Explorer tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer tabs: File Explorer WILL NOT open ANYTHING in a new tab... ALWAYS new window... solution=? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs/0a0ed252-b9cc-4d56-bc6d-a2222971d8a7
  3. File Explorer tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer tabs: File Explorer WILL NOT open ANYTHING in a new tab... ALWAYS new window... solution=? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs/0a0ed252-b9cc-4d56-bc6d-a2222971d8a7
  4. No tabs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No tabs in File Explorer: I had not been able to see File Explorer tabs 95% of the time, along with other file Explorer problems. I did an in-place upgrade today for Windows 11 Pro, and after completion still can't see tabs. All of my other File Explorer problems still exist as well. Does anyone else...
  5. No tabs in File Explorer

No tabs in File Explorer: I had not been able to see File Explorer tabs 95% of the time, along with other file Explorer problems. I did an in-place upgrade today for Windows 11 Pro, and after completion still can't see tabs. All of my other File Explorer problems still exist as well. Does anyone else...
  6. Tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File Explorer: Hi - How do I used Tabbed File Explorer mentioned here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/Thanks for your help!...
  7. Tabbed File Explorer

Tabbed File Explorer: Hi - How do I used Tabbed File Explorer mentioned here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/Thanks for your help!...
  8. No Tab on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Tab on File Explorer: I still have no tab on my File Explorer, I tried Vivetool yet, didn't work. I appreciate anyone who can help.OS Version: 2H22OS Build: 22621.674 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-tab-on-file-explorer/0f6d7e30-6bd3-4b59-bce0-93d8f38debbc
  9. No Tab on File Explorer

No Tab on File Explorer: I still have no tab on my File Explorer, I tried Vivetool yet, didn't work. I appreciate anyone who can help.OS Version: 2H22OS Build: 22621.674 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-tab-on-file-explorer/0f6d7e30-6bd3-4b59-bce0-93d8f38debbc
  10. File explorer "File" tab is red

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer "File" tab is red: When I open File Explorer, the "File" tab that is normally blue in color is now red. Also, when I type something in the search bar, the "right" arrow button for the search bar that is normally blue is also red....