Windows 10: Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

Discus and support Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I was wondering if there is a way in Windows 10 or a software that can create a table of contents for a folder? In our company we have a library... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyUsernameTaken350, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

Hi!

I was wondering if there is a way in Windows 10 or a software that can create a table of contents for a folder?

In our company we have a library of different files with information that we need for our work. These files are stored on a network drive and are used by different workers.

So I was thinking is there a way to put all these informational files in one folder. Create subfolders and so on. And then sort these informational files to different sub folders by their topic. But as there are a lot of files then it is hard to remember where something is and for other workers it is even harder to find things.

So it would be nice to have an automatic or even linked table of contents for this one big folder. This contents could show all the folders and all the files in there. So if I need some file I can find it more easily from table of contents than going around all of the folders.

Does anyone know is this somehow possible?

submitted by /u/MyUsernameTaken350
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyUsernameTaken350, Feb 18, 2021

2. Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files

Hi. Rosey82

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

First, a table of contents in Word is based on the titles of the document. In this case, to create the table of contents, perform the following steps:

1. Place the cursor where you want to add the table of contents.

2. Go to References> Table of Contents. and choose an automatic style.

3. If you make changes to the document that affect the table of contents, update the table of contents by right-clicking on the table of contents and selecting Update Field.

If tickets are missing, it usually happens because the titles do not have a title format. In this case, do the following:

1. For each title you want in the table of contents, select the title text.

2. Go to the Home page> styles and then click on Title 1.

3. Update the table of contents.

Best Regards.

Anthony. -

AnthonyBurns03, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files :)

Frogger, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

Looking for a Program that Opens a Folder or Subfolders when You Hover

QTTabBar...

Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

1. Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files - Similar Threads - Table contents folders

2. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  3. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  4. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders: Hi all,I have a drive with hundreds of folders in this fashion:e:/a/aa/any contente:/b/bb/any content...e:/z/zz/any contentI need the subfolders 1 per main folder, but maybe some have 2, kind of zz1 zz2 and its content files and/or folders, these need to be as they are now,...
  5. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders: Hi all,I have a drive with hundreds of folders in this fashion:e:/a/aa/any contente:/b/bb/any content...e:/z/zz/any contentI need the subfolders 1 per main folder, but maybe some have 2, kind of zz1 zz2 and its content files and/or folders, these need to be as they are now,...
  6. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Making a text file of folders and subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a text file of folders and subfolders: I realise with windows explorer folder names can be copied as a text file, but the my folders have sub folders, so need to create a list showing this. installed total commander, but cant see how its possible with this app. any thoughts please ? thanks 183780
  8. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  9. File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?

File Explorer view subfolder contents without clicking on every subfolder?: In file explorer we have several folders and subfolders set up. Some never get populated while others do. Is there a way when starting at the first folder to see contents of subfolders without having to click all of them and determine which are populated and which are empty?...
  10. Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files

Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files: How do I create a table of contents that includes many files? I need to know how to tell Word the other file names, and where I enter that info,. Thanks!...