Windows 10: Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files

Discus and support Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I create a table of contents that includes many files? I need to know how to tell Word the other file names, and where I enter that info,.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rosey82, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Rosey82 Win User

Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files

How do I create a table of contents that includes many files? I need to know how to tell Word the other file names, and where I enter that info,. Thanks!

:)

Rosey82, Aug 6, 2019

2. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    autofit text in table

What exactly is not working for you? Looking at he links bro67 provided, one of the 3 suggested solutions should resolve your problem.

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2019
  4. MariaR44 Win User

W10 Table fo Contents

Hi, thanks, but I don’t understand the question. I am using W2010, Table of Contents function on the word document menu, REFERENCES > TABLE OF CONTENTS > AUTOMATIC TABLE 1 with HEADINGS 1, 2 & 3.

I don’t see how to get Headings 1 and 2 to carry page numbers, but not Heading 3.

Is this sufficient information? Thank you for your help, Maria

MariaR44, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files - Similar Threads - Tables Contents Across

2. Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.: This is my third android phone and when attempting to access a file Onedrive still denies me saying I do not have permissions although it has full permissions. It absolutely REFUSES to let me access any files and support just tells me "It is being fixed or looked upon" this...
  3. Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.: This is my third android phone and when attempting to access a file Onedrive still denies me saying I do not have permissions although it has full permissions. It absolutely REFUSES to let me access any files and support just tells me "It is being fixed or looked upon" this...
  4. Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Same content (table) across multiple apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Same content (table) across multiple apps: Can I maintain a table such that the same table is created, maintained and updated real time across various Office apps such that Excel, Onenote and Word? Thank you. submitted by /u/dalecooper1989 [link] [comments]...
  6. Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files

Table of contents for folders, subfolders and files: Hi! I was wondering if there is a way in Windows 10 or a software that can create a table of contents for a folder? In our company we have a library of different files with information that we need for our work. These files are stored on a network drive and are used by...
  7. Automating search-replace across multiple files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automating search-replace across multiple files?: I need to replace a text entry in the header of multiple .wav files. The header text is in 16-bit format, so in the HxD editor each character appears as two bytes: q 113 00 = 61 00 " 34 00 2 50 00 7 55 00 " 34 00 Across dozens of files, I need to change the...
  8. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  9. Is there a way to sync documents/files across multiple windows pc’s?

Is there a way to sync documents/files across multiple windows pc’s?: I have a work desktop and work laptop. When I need to travel, I email myself the needed docs and download them to the laptop. It’s not an efficient process. I’m looking for a solution like I have with my home macs - whatever I do on my MacBook will be on my iMac using the...
  10. Table of Contents Page Numbering alteration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Table of Contents Page Numbering alteration: I am not very Word savvy. I am having trouble trying to set up a style for the table of contents, where the page number is set to different font size, but I can't seem to find out how to do it. eg. 01. Introduction_________________________ pg4 I want the "pg4" to be...